My other ride, 76 F 100

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
Jims65cyclone

Re: My other ride, 76 F 100

Post by Jims65cyclone »

poboyjo65 wrote:Someone ask me on a ford truck FB page if my tailgate was inspired by the 2011 trucks. I said no, it was painted a decade ago in 2008,,, I think Ford saw mine & copied it !!! :lol: then someone else put up this pic
You're just ahead of your time....out there on the edge, ahead of the Detroit curve. 8) :lol:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

just saw on TV,the show...counting cars...they showed a 65 dodge trk with factory buckets and consol,,unrestored it was cool but BUTT UGLY...only a mother could love that ugly.... :shock: pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I believe you're right Jim! :lol: My truck has an alter ego down under,he even has wood dashes :lol: ;

Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:just saw on TV,the show...counting cars...they showed a 65 dodge trk with factory buckets and consol,,unrestored it was cool but BUTT UGLY...only a mother could love that ugly.... :shock: pop
Pop 65s look kinda like the one Don knotts endorsed. They called it ''THE DUDE'' think was around 1970,ugly lime green trucks with a stripe package..I cant remember about the seats.
some were talking about 65 fords on here with buckets & they had a 65 falcon/comet console in them. But some earlier ones had the console like mine. or at least a few did. there was a couple of drag trucks F-100 XL, one is still around,,, it has the earlier 63 console.

https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/mus/2 ... 16211.html

Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

like I said the other night ,,I worked with a guy that had a 65 ford pu he bought brand new 6cyl 3spd column shift swb,that had bukets and console,,,they looked like stang seats to me,,but it's been 40yrs ago,,,
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:like I said the other night ,,I worked with a guy that had a 65 ford pu he bought brand new 6cyl 3spd column shift swb,that had bukets and console,,,they looked like stang seats to me,,but it's been 40yrs ago,,,
Yep 65 truck buckets do look like stang seats. the pic above of the 63 racetruck look like 63 hardtop falcon seats, which look thicker than stang seats. I'd bet they used convertible consoles which I think they have one end that is flat ,where this one I have has the tunnel hump shape on both ends. & they are a bit shorter & his looks shorter in the front than mine.
Johno

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Econoline/Falcon, truck/van seats? And weren't they the same as Bronco?
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Groover

Post by Groover »

poboyjo65 wrote:Someone ask me on a ford truck FB page if my tailgate was inspired by the 2011 trucks. I said no, it was painted a decade ago in 2008,,, I think Ford saw mine & copied it !!! :lol: then someone else put up this pic
John Has a Better Idea :D
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the more I think about that guy's 65 ,I member thinking it never tripped my trigger,reason why was the seats looked to thin to small for the cab,at that time I had the same seats and console, to make my trk the same way,,but the buckets just didn't look right,,now the pic of the race trk looks much better ,just cause the seats are bigger and thicker..JMO..that 65dodge on TV the other night looked good cause those seats were bigger and thicker as console was also..and another guy at work also had a GM trk 70 72 or maybe newer that he also bought new with factory buckets console that also had bigger thicker seats and for a GM ,I have to admit,didn't look bad...beefier is the word ,,the 65 ford pu just didn't look beefy enough for me,POP calls it like I see it... :shock:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Well after putting in new buckets ,console & making a cover for the steering wheel I drove it 3-4 times & parked it in the dungeon a couple years ago .then put the focus back on the comet & other life things ,house & yardwork,& other junk. so I haven't even cranked this truck in over 2 years. So thinking might as well sell it, yesterday after charging the battery for a night I opened the door & DANG I need some windows in the dungeon! :shock:

I just closed the door & went & to get some leather cleaner/conditioner . Had the bottle in my hand when I saw the same stuff in a baby wipe type can. they worked great & the mold or what ever it is came right off. I had my respirator on because my lungs cant handle that mess & I just had round one of the vaccine for covid so I took caution. Then I opened the gas cap,sniff, smelled ok so I cranked on it. a couple short 7-8 second trys & she busted off on that third try just like normal! I was tickled pink. So I went for a short ride. I forgot how smooth this thing rides. so it gets a bath today after the interior clean up last night. I may not sell it after all. Have renewed interest in it !! :D
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Ya, sellin it, that's one of those" why'd I do that" ,,
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Glad you decided to keep it.
Had a black '76 with 360, BW T18 and 3.70 posi-trac back in the 80s pulled pretty hard. Sold it to a guy to pull a mobile home from Mississippi. I though he was nuts but he pulled it off. Burned up the clutch but he made it.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

comethead

Post by comethead »

Nope. Keep it! Too cool to let go 8)
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Well with the comet tore apart I got ole punkn out to go to our monthly cruise in yesterday . Great weather ! beautiful day ! drove it a little afterwards,a little teaser. So today I decided to drive the rest of the old cheap gas out of it so I drove it to the next town for some 93 octane ,we only have 92 & it's higher priced.

I guess I need to drive it more, I looked at the oil sticker;

then I looked at the millage;

I've put 1400 miles on it since 2013 :roll: :roll: still got 3600 miles on that oil change but I'll probably change it next time I get it out,maybe getting too old & break down.
Every time I get in it I think might as well sell it because I dont drive it,then by the time I get back home I dont want to. :?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZI8-d3FVHc
after it purrin at me like that I may give it another little romp tomorrow! :)
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Very nice truck, John. I'd hate to see you sell it.

I would love to own another '65, looked @ a '64 Ranger project last year.
These things have turned into gold after new truck prices got crazy high. And yours' is gold, so there ya go. 8)

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi