Old Ford Broncos running wild in Alaska

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
Groover

Old Ford Broncos running wild in Alaska

Post by Groover »

Here's a cool video of a guy up in Delta Junction, Alaska with a collection of old Broncos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfFHAgu ... 7olwptkO5q

If you can't make it through all the Toyotas in the middle, skip ahead because the Coral Bronco is at the very end.

For what it's worth, Delta Junction is about 100 miles south of Fairbanks where I lived but the terrain pretty much looks the same. Delta is about 80 miles south of North Pole (ironic that North Pole Alaska is south of Fairbanks, but hey that's the way things work out).

I'd say this video was shot in September as things are just starting to turn brown (cause it's gonna snow in October).

NP Dave, maybe you can stop in some time. Looks like this guy would trade a ride in your Comet for a ride in any of the Broncos.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

Santa's Comet

Re: Old Ford Broncos running wild in Alaska

Post by Santa's Comet »

Yea I was looking to see my old 68 Bronco! Lots of old stuff in Delta. A lot of cars were abandon when they broke down and towed off to some ones back 40!
Had to sell the Bronco to get a truck for work.
NP Dave

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP bought a new 77,drove it 10-12 yrs,,a guy came to my shop one night,had both rear axles out replaceing bearings,,,offered me 150 dollars less then what I gave for it,tried to talk him out of it,,even took him to a cleaner and nicer one then mine,,,few days later he showed back up ,drove it down the street came back and laid cash on the hood...he drove it away..hated to see it gone,,,,had a old man tell me as a young teen living and working on his cattle ranch,,,when you are offered a very good deal or a lot of money for something,,,SELL IT...if you put it up on a pedalstal...most times something will happen to it and you'll come up on the short end of the stick....now I have 3 broncos here,,,have had them for many yrs,,gave the 71 to grd son,the 74 to my son and I have another 77 for myself.....all 3 have the half cab...I even have the rare PTO factory winch and factory winch bumper...you know,,took that guy less then 45 days to almost destroy my 77,had 2 chances to buy it back for a lot less,,even GLENDA said buy it back and redo it,,,I told her my heart just wasn't in it,,,,now after all these yrs that have gone by,,,I kinda wish I had,,,,oh well ,I have another 77,and it has an AT trans and I kinda like that in the woods.it's crappy weather here and this grtgrd son is here and OL POP is sorta trapped inside, so's it's easy to get on here and just ramble away,,,,,thanks for readin this ramble...…..pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:.it's crappy weather here and this grtgrd son is here and OL POP is sorta trapped inside, so's it's easy to get on here and just ramble away,,,,,thanks for readin this ramble...…..pop
Crappy here so I have nothing better to do but sit inside and read your ramblings :P

BTW, never had a Bronco but always wanted one, I think it probably not ever going to happen but I am ok with that :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I watched that bronco video GROOVER put up,,pretty neat...this 71 Igave to my grdson that I've had for so many years,had a bench seat in it,after I bought my 77 I wanted the bench seat in it,so I swapped out the 77 buckets for the bench between the 2,and my 77 also is a bronco sport...
pop/glenda