Pop's Cobra build.

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
popscomet

Re: Pop's Cobra build.

Post by popscomet »

Lip Ripper wrote:The way the crow fly's. Haha, edit; I thought Pop was in Kansas.

:lol: :lol: :lol: STACEY...you left the A and R off...dorthy and the tin man along with that ugly little bench legged dog might be there ,,but OLE POP is from RAZORBACK COUNTRY!!! :D :wink:
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

popscomet wrote:
Jims65cyclone wrote:I'm with you, Fred. Years ago I had a GT40. Dark blue. Beautiful car! I was 12 and it was a slot car.... :roll: 8)
Jim
AND ol pop bets you still have it
I do! Along with several of my other slot cars I was particularly proud of. 8)
popscomet wrote:JIM DO YOU MAKE MOTOR SOUNDS? ( be honest) :shock: :lol:
Not any more, but I did way back then. :lol:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :wink: pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

voteing is over,,,and the winner is BLACK,,,have already wiped block down and shot with 2coats of gloss black....altho burgundy was a good idea and I liked it very much,,for 1 couldn't find it test with and I kinda leaned toward black,,,most any other time with a doubt the motor would be blue,,but not this time.....thanks to all....POP
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

The Falcon motor is the first SBF I've ever painted black. No, I'm wrong. I had a 64 in a Galaxie that came black with red tin so I did paint one black before. I put that motor in a 50 shoebox business coupe.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

1965 ford started blue,,,,,,,did you know a 54 y block was green I think,,,55 thru 64 y block were red.....pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:1965 ford started blue,,,,,,,did you know a 54 y block was green I think,,,55 thru 64 y block were red.....pop
another thing,,,we tore down the almost 20yr short block 65 289 tonight,,,just like it was put together yrs ago..rings had that snap when they were pushed out of their hole..no tenshion loss,,,compared to brand new rings they were perfect,,,will order Monday another new carb break in oil plugs filter,,,we hope to redo and put on our start up trailer by Saturday and fire this rascal up..pull outside and let run and break in.....then onto the frame and body...won't take long,,just a few hrs a night and it will come to a head...don't have to make nothing,,just put together...I bought yrs ago.a wireing kit for it..all wires are marked what it's for,this kit has 17 fuses more then needed,,,we can add a lectic nose picker and it will be on a fuse,,,,
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

popscomet wrote:
popscomet wrote:we can add a lectic nose picker and it will be on a fuse,,,,
Have you got a lectic nose picker?

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

loman wrote:
popscomet wrote:
popscomet wrote:we can add a lectic nose picker and it will be on a fuse,,,,
Have you got a lectic nose picker?
no, but if I did I can wire on a fuse......and I left the r out of lectric……….we redone the short block today,all is good...and today was very nice and sunny so pushed the chassis outside and I washed 20 yrs of dust and dirt off it....just alittle everyday and prest-o it'll be a done deal.....pic's are coming...planning on serviceing the ol red ride tomorrow...oil change ,grease job ,I still ain't got around to check out to see if it needs a new heater core,I wouldn't be so lucky to have a bad hose or loose clamp,later ,,,,,,,,,,,,,pop
pop/glenda

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

Short Block is back together. 10/10 crank, .030 over
Short Block.jpg
Short Block.jpg (188.4 KiB) Viewed 4849 times

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

going to take tonight off,,DWAYNE came out,,is sick,,something going around work,,the new guy he's training for the last 2days has been coughing sneezing and blowing crap everywhere in the air,DWAYNE said he ask him ,do you not know what a !@# sneeze or snot rag is//?????...several ask him same question....but DWAYNE DIDN'T stay long,,just had to see this boy before he goes home morrow back to his mother...we ain't in such a big hurry to have to work sick...after all these yrs,why get in a hurry now !! ??? besides the rest of the build parts won't be here til morrow...pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ain't worked in a couple of days on the cobra....most everyone around here has been puney….sick for about 24hrs...POP started to feel sick last night,,so I went to bed and piled blankets on me,,,laid there and sweated like a big dog ...am somewhat better today....pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:most everyone around here has been puney
Tell me about it, been getting bad sinus issues off and on for the last couple of months. I never leave the hill unless I have to (hermit) and usually my have to's are going to visit someone in the hospital or nursing home, come home sick every time :roll:

One reason I have not been pushing too hard out in the cold and damp to work on the Comet, I don't want to die of pneumonia before I get to drive it again.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:
popscomet wrote:most everyone around here has been puney
Tell me about it, been getting bad sinus issues off and on for the last couple of months. I never leave the hill unless I have to (hermit) and usually my have to's are going to visit someone in the hospital or nursing home, come home sick every time :roll:

One reason I have not been pushing too hard out in the cold and damp to work on the Comet, I don't want to die of pneumonia before I get to drive it again.

See Ya,
Mike
vist a hosp...you'll come down sick,,,,last time I went in to get a check over at doc's office,,,,everyone in waiting room was wearing a mask.....
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Hi POP
Just wanted to know more about your 63 Fairlane that you mentioned.

popscomet wrote:
WAY BACK WHEN,I had a 63 fairlane that had 5 hole 13in whls on it with a 221 cu in v8,,,pop

Say POP was that fairlane a super coup with bucket seats and a t-10 4 speed. I had a white one with red interior. Loved that car. Installed a 65 mustang 289 that I hopped up and Fenton 5 spoke mags with 5 holes.
Tom
tomb's 65