Pop's Cobra build.

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
popscomet

Re: Pop's Cobra build.

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:18 am
When are you gonna put the body on your go-kart?

Jim
it won't be long !! have a couple of special events coming up at our favorite drag strip soon and we want to be part of it driving ol RUSTY,,so we need to get back on it,,,,right now POP is having a blast with it in the GO KART stage....thanks,,take care and keep your hands soapy pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lttle up date,,POP has close to 170miles on it in the go kart stage,still having a blast and the cobra runs like a fine tuned swiss pocket watch so far !!!! starts great cold or hot,,,runs cool after we took out the 180 and put in a 160,,,it stays between 165 and 175..as before it ran 185 and 200 or alittle more but never over 205 ,,we roughed frt end like on a dirt car,and so far it doesn't appear to be wearing a tire..I cut a dough nut in middle of a intersection the other day,,which took no effort at all....this 2x4 alumn headed 289,,is so quick on the trigger,,the RPM's turn up is unreal !!!thanks for your time to read this stuff,,,,as soon as we get it all built,,,am thinking about putting a set of drag radials on the rear and takeing to the drag strip...at least once ,,,we have never seen a cobra there before...and we want to be the 1st to do so......keep your hands soapy !!!! pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

this has nothing to do with my cobra,,,my youngest grd son is 23 and he has been away in the ARMY for over a yr or better,,,I was mowing this afternoon and he pulled into the drive way,,he had called earlier and said he was coming home next week..the rascal pulled one over on us,,and he was driving a brand-new 2020 GT 5,0 mustang,,,,,,sure was glad to see him and his new shinny hot rod....he'll be home for 26 days then back to ft.sill,ok...then may be across the sand or water, again,something to do with pulling the trigger on a missile,,,,he don't speak of it and POP don't ask....pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Thank him for his service for us, Pop. I know you're proud of him.

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

PROUD AS A PEACOCK,,for sure !!! he's a whim dinger of a young man......pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Pops is the brake lock working ok on the Cobra? You guys have any issue with it leaking around the knob? And finally, can you push the knob down without pushing the brake to release it?

I was looking at those and a lot of the reviews were talking about them leaking around the shaft but those might be super cheap ones.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

have not noticed any leaks...but to be honest,,,I have not even tried it,,,forgot it was tucked under edge of seat...rainy right now,,,but I'll try it soon and get back to you....cobra has been sitting for a few weeks ,,,I keep it started every couple of days cause of those edelbrock carbs on it but have not driven it....but I'll get back to you soon pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

because of covid..POP has not been to our monthly cruise all summer,,,but today I loaded the cobra go kart on a trailer and took it,,,,,just used common sense and took a mask,,,,,the cobra was a hugh hit,,,some knew what it was even without the body on it,,,,,one guy had me start it and went around it makeing a video....lots of pictures taken.....several older guys were just as taken by my 94 f150,,,it was a hit also,,,,so I left feeling good about my stuff :shock: :D :D :D pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:05 am
this has nothing to do with my cobra,,,my youngest grd son is 23 and he has been away in the ARMY for over a yr or better,,,I was mowing this afternoon and he pulled into the drive way,,he had called earlier and said he was coming home next week..the rascal pulled one over on us,,and he was driving a brand-new 2020 GT 5,0 mustang,,,,,,sure was glad to see him and his new shinny hot rod....he'll be home for 26 days then back to ft.sill,ok...then may be across the sand or water, again,something to do with pulling the trigger on a missile,,,,he don't speak of it and POP don't ask....pop
Awesome Pop!! Godspeed to the young fighter!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed