Ford 'sisters'?

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Ford 'sisters'?

Post by A/FX »

I enjoy seeing all of your vintage car photos. I guess I will look for some of my Comet(s).
They will be old prints so I will need to scan them.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

hey Jim
How 'bout a pic of your car as the Street Machine cover car,,, thats a couple years back!! Lol
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

SASSY wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:14 pm
hey Jim
How 'bout a pic of your car as the Street Machine cover car,,, thats a couple years back!! Lol
Fred
It was MORE than a couple of years ago!
OK, here is a photo of the cover. The Mustang II was a magazine project car as was the van, they had my wife staged by the Mustang and I by my Comet.
I also found some articles that were published about my other Comets, I will post them separately if you guys are interested in seeing them.
Here is the article from the cover magazine:
Some other pictures and the photo shoot, (lower Left) the photo on the lower right was taken in 1970, with my girlfriend (now wife) Note hood treatment, I tried to mimic the then new Mach 1 hood design.

This article was in Hot Rod, Grey Baskerville and Bud Lang shot this two days after I finished the build in 1975, I drove the car to DesMoines. (Article was published in 1976, long lead times for printed material)
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Too cool, Jim! 8) 8)

I had a mid-'70s Custom E-150 like on the cover of the mag as well :D
I picked it up in the mid-'80s and went straight for the sander because that scheme was so dated @ the time. The 351W was shot and I didn't feel like keeping it, so I sold it to a hippy after I painted it. Got a letter in the mail a couple months later from State Trooper HQ to pick it up in impoundment. The guy I sold it to never changed the tags, it broke down on the road & he just left it.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Thanks Jim! I was installing the C in my Comet about then. I remember drooling over that cover shot lots. I could still find that copy pretty easy in my pile of stuff in the office. More worn than the one in your pics though!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

comethead

Post by comethead »

Damn cool pics guys!
All you guys were cool before cool was cool! You had the forethought to buy, save and fix up a Mercury Comet! :D

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

comethead wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:13 am
All you guys were cool before cool was cool! You had the forethought to buy, save and fix up a Mercury Comet! :D
Man, your Falcon is bad to the bone :wink:
Never owned one, had a chance to pick up a '60 gasser roller years ago I passed on. Did buy a F-100 and a Fox body Mustang from the guy. Took a drive last year to try and find it again but it's gone. Had a glass front clip on a tubed frame and full cage. One-seater. It would have made a very rough project, not practical @ the time.

Joe II

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

:lol: :lol:
Gasser and practical
The term oxymoron comes to mind

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

SASSY wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:46 pm
:lol: :lol:
Gasser and practical
The term oxymoron comes to mind
Call me crazy but I did try to get the guy to throw it in w/ the other two I bought :lol:
I did buy a '89 LX Mustang drag car from him for a project w/ my oldest son when he was in H.S. We rolled it in the shop, started working on it but a couple weeks later I found a solid '68 ht in a car lot in town. Bought it so he had a driver we could work on and sold the racer to finance the '68.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

comethead wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:13 am
Damn cool pics guys!

Joe
Got to agree with Joe. The decades of history a lot of you have with your Comets is Way Cool! To have your Comet on the cover of a magazine is what we call around here "Steve McQueen Cool"

I also enjoy seeing the old pictures and reading the history of your Comets.....Thanks

Lou