302 FROM SUMMIT

289 - 351 cid Small Block Performance
navychief

302 FROM SUMMIT

Post by navychief »

I just ordered A 302 crate engine from summit , $3,299.00 ,built by blue print engines it is the filly dressed drop in, with distributor and carb ,great warranty,and good customer reviews, only thing is it has the GM type HEI large distributor , I geuss that my curved monte carlo bar will not work with this distributor, Im not going to change the distributor right away , Whats your opinion on this type of set up on A small block ?

poboyjo65

Re: 302 FROM SUMMIT

Post by poboyjo65 »

your monte carlo bar should go right over top of it I think.but only one way to find out. the hei if it is a good one wont be bad,just big & ugly,I called mine the big ugly. blocks the view of the motor. I had them on 2 SBFs ,took one off my comet, & a buddy bought it. had trouble with one the pick up coil went out,had to pull the whole thing out to replace it. it had a 2 piece shaft put together with a coupling & roll pins. I think it allowed the shaft to wobble & during a high rpm romp the pickup coil pointer hit the contact star & tore itself apart. I was afraid to stomp it after that.
Johno

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Do me a favor and give us a true review on that engine after say 6 months. My company took on Marshall Engines (blueprint) as a jobber about 20 years ago. We had nothing but problems. I hope that has been taken care of. That being said, I remember the 70's when Jasper Engines were nothing but junk. Now they are a very reputable company. Good luck, and I'd sell that ugly GM thing if it were me.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Good luck, and I'd sell that ugly GM thing if it were me.

Stacey[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :roll: pop :!: :!:
pop/glenda