Stroker choices?

289 - 351 cid Small Block Performance
Lou's Comet

Re: Stroker choices?

Post by Lou's Comet »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:26 am

Should be a runner. I built a 347 with a hydraulic roller in my 66 Mustang fastback. Runs mid 12's on street tires and stock suspension. I used the comp cam stroker specific hydraulic roller cam they made back when I built mine in 2005 with a parker Funnel Web intake and the, then brand new, Ford motorsports "Z heads". I bet you'll be way faster than that with your new motor.
Mid 12's on street tires,,,,,,I would be happy with that! I have no Idea power wise what this engine will do. But it will be enough to get me running this year and I have room to grow in the future if need be.

To be honest still not really sure on the Hydraulic Roller cam/lifters. But the builder said that this is the way to go.

Now I got to figure out what intake, carb and dist I want to run, but I am moving forward and that is good!

Lou

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

SASSY wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:16 am
I just had a hyd Comp cam before rollers in my C but sounds a bit like Lou's build and it was lots a fun!
"Lots of fun"

That's what I want, hopefully this engine with a 4 speed and 4:11's will do that! Already having a lot of fun working on it and finally seeing it come together. The car sat in my shop in primer for years, some days I walk into my shop and am surprised to see it black,, just got so use to seeing it sit there in primer. Brings a smile .

Lou

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

4.11s behind that motor, Oh yah you'll have "Lots a Fun"!!
I ran 4.56 when I raced and backed it off to 4.33 on the street.
Lotz a fun,,, but expensive at times,,, lol.
But seeing as your not arrest me red maybe get away with more.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

SASSY wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:37 pm
4.11s behind that motor, Oh yah you'll have "Lots a Fun"!!
I ran 4.56 when I raced and backed it off to 4.33 on the street.
Lotz a fun,,, but expensive at times,,, lol.
But seeing as your not arrest me red maybe get away with more.
I agree, I am running 4.22 gears with a detroit locker behind my 347 in my Mustang. Too much fun.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Sounds good to me. Wow, 4:33, 4:22, bet they are a blast. The guy I got the 4:11 from had 4:33 too but I thought they might be too much.

Not sure how much black will save me over the red. My last black street car I had, I lost my license. But was a lot younger and dumber then ;)

Lou

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

I thought 4:11 was to low in my Mustang. It was bouncing off the rev limiter before I got it shifted, but I'm old. Way to easy to spin the tires so I went with 3:55. Still having to much fun :lol:
Tom
tomb's 65

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Lou's Comet wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:16 pm
But was a lot younger and dumber then ;)
Lou
The dumber part still happens to me every so often, just outta the blue Im boy racer! Then comes the introspection,,,,,,
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I may be almost 74,,but on certain days I still like to drive with the dumps open and shift that 4spd,,as fast as I can now,,,,and I never get tired of the whine of that gear drive,,,and this new to me F150 with 2turbos is a hoot to drive,,it don't take long to cover some pavement,,point A to point B..,somethings a person just can't get out of his system,,,don't reckon I'll ever get rid of my comet.pop
pop/glenda

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

You guy's are just a bunch of gearheads! :)

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

SASSY wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:06 pm
The dumber part still happens to me every so often, just outta the blue Im boy racer! Then comes the introspection,,,,,,
Introspection....when you pass a cop exceeding the speed limit??? :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Joe Travers wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:18 am
Introspection....when you pass a cop exceeding the speed limit??? :lol:
Joe
I think that preceeds interrogation,,, the difference being inner thoughts and outter questions.
"Drivers and registration please"
Do you know how fast you were going?
What's the hurry?
Little old for that sorta thing aren't you?
Etc
Im sure there are people on here that could add to those,,, lol

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the 1st 12mos me and Glenda were married,,I got at least 1 ticket per mo...have been barred from the very town I live in now,,ran a state trooper plum off the highway onto the RR tracks one night,,really that was kinda funny watching his head lights bounching,,,,paying tickets was like a car payment for awhile....bought that S code fst-back when I was about 19 or 20 and things went down hill from there ,,until Glenda said I have had enuff,,,,one more street race,one more time the cops come to the house,one more time some one comes here and calls you out for a race,,,and one more night wondering are you wrapped around a tree,,,,she said when you get home,,me and this boy may not be here,,and you can feed those dogs yourself.I had some nice hunting dogs...so OL POP turned over a new leaf,,,,but the itch never gets fully scratched ,,today the comet is always on stand by to take care of that itch,,,havn't been in trouble in years,,but stil get a finger pointed at me from time to time or a flash of lights aimed at me..sometimes Glenda says robert,,just let them go,,you don't need to prove anything...I just think back and recall all those times that other guy had to prove to me he could pass me and stay in front.........you know it's a blessing to grow old,,cause you will gain some sense......pop
pop/glenda

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Laughing at everyones rear gears. I'm running 5:29 and a spool on the street tires. No traction when the street tires on. 5:29 keeps the tach pinned at 8000 till I get it into Drive.

I run a Quick Fuel 750, I used to run a Demon 750. The Demon ran OK but I spent hours tuning it. Bolt the Quick Fuel and ran 3 10ths in the 1/4 mile with no tuning. No choke and the car starts and idles at any temp.

Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

About getting into trouble with police. I may have out run the RCMP a couple of times in my 69 formal roof fairlane, 351 4V. It gets real serious when your pulled over and 2 more police cars roll up but that was back in the teenage years. My wife was with me(my girl friend then). Lucky no arrest just along talk. Good thing my wife is supportive of my car addiction.

Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4