Hooker 6201 fitment

289 - 351 cid Small Block Performance
billybones

Hooker 6201 fitment

Post by billybones »

Just wondering if anyone has installed these Hooker Super Comps on a 64 Comet with no power accesories and a floor shift. I use a late model cable clutch and have concerns about the boss on the bell housing as well as cable routing. Thanks, Bones

cecil64

Post by cecil64 »

I installed the Hooker Super Comp on my 64 which has the clutch rod. We ran into several problems. They are a really tight fit and we had to raise the motor and transmission approx. 3/8 of and inch as well as doing a little modification to the drivers side shock tower to allow more clearance. The reason we had to raise the engine and transmission was to allow for clearance on the steering stabalizer bracket that attaches to the frame. We raised the engine and transmission simply by using washeres on the motor mounts and trans mount.

Good luck.

Cecil64
cecil64

cecil64

Post by cecil64 »

Actually I stated in a previous reply the steering stabilizer when in fact I believe it was the frame bracket for the Idler arm.

Sorry about that.

Cecil64
cecil64

Decurion

Post by Decurion »

If these are the ones Im thinking of, good luck! Youll need it. I put them on my falcon with a t5 and immediately nuked a brand new cable. Try the Doug Thorley shorties for a Maverick, or Dougs (different company!) 660YA. The YA is for auto, but clears the cable better than the standard. I cant speak for how well theyll clear shift linkage, but I dont imagine a big deal.
-Eric
65 wagon, 302, c4, 3.55 9", disks, etc.