ITS TIME TO SWAP

390 & up cid Monster Motors
fryedaddy

Re: ITS TIME TO SWAP

Post by fryedaddy »

im just putting a few miles on my new clutch,trying to break it in.im starting to trust it more.every time i do a engine swap or major rebuild of something i like to take alot of short trips around the block,or to the store checking for problems.i drove it yesterday to the store and some guy came over to check my car out.he was looking at my engine[no hood]and he said you are dripping water.all it needed was a screwdriver to tighten the top rad hose.little things like that will bight you if you just take off on a long ride after a rebuild.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

I've been shaking my car down for 8 months, brother :wink:
Chip away at a LOT of little things to make it the best it can be. Longest drive last week, 80 mile round trip.
Need rear tire/wheel balance check this week to address vibration at highway speed.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

my comet is doing fine since the trans swap.cant say the same for me.i was worried about my knees,but they are fine.all the wrenching has flared up bursitis in my shoulders,and my vision is bad.i need cataract surgery and i have glaucoma,hope to get back on track soon and make a video soon.
fryedaddy

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

I have to rest a day or two after a long day of wrenching myself. Doc says Osteoarthritis, have to get it checked again in a few weeks. Just put off cataract surgery for a while longer. Not too bad but it's down the road.

It's still fun and worth the effort. I'm finding the more I do, the better I feel about it. Heck, if you're gonna hurt, make it worthwhile :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

the eye doctor dont want me putting my surgery off.i was supposed to have it done today,but i put it off for 3 weeks.i have been on prednisone for a while is what brought on my eye problems,everything past 2 feet away is blurry.i have to stand right in front of the screen to see these posts,good thing is doc says i will see as good as i did when i was5,after the surgery.i kept it secret for a while,till i drove my comet a few times with the 4 speed.i was afraid i would not get to drive it.
fryedaddy

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Get 'er done so you can post that video! 8) Signing off-

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

got a new lens in my right eye and the cataract removed.going to get the left eye done in oct.i will be ready to get the comet out soon. doc told me today i had 20/20 in my right eye now.
fryedaddy

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Good news. Now you'll be able to see if you did all that work on your swap right. :lol: :lol:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GOO LUCK !! HAD IT DONE a couple of yrs go,,,,have 20/20 in both eyes,,,,,,have never looked back,,, :D :) pop
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Had my left eye done a couple years ago and on about the same time line as you for my right eye.
As Pops said treat invention!
Be diligent about the drops.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

I recently put off surgery for financial reasons. Was going for the 'full-meal deal' Lasik job to clear up my extreme myopia while on the table. My insurance carrier considers it 'an 'elective' procedure :? Not too bad with specs but have to face the music eventually.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

bright head lights at night bothered my eyes very much,,,,,now there ain't a head light out there that bothers them,,,but for very small print like in the bible or newspaper I still need help,,so my eye doc said just get a cheap pair of helpers from the drug store for a couple of dollars,,,,,but I can tell what sex a fly is across the street,,,,,had right eye done,,,2wks later had left done,,,never ever a problem....go for it.....pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Doc says my cataracts "aren't bad enough yet" for surgery, so I'm stuck with glasses for now. Up until about 10 years ago I could get away with 1.5 cheaters. I told folks my optometrist was the Dollar Tree, and I had a pair in every room of the house. Then I developed astigmatism, and the days of cheap glasses vaporized. :x

Jim

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

Jim,you are right about checking out the work i did.i had to feel my way around working on it with bad eye sight.eye doc says the surgery would give me great far away vision,at the expense of my up close vision.he said i would need readers.thats ok,as long as i can see to drive,day or night.i went to mc donalds a week before my surgery,it was dark and i drove through the grass and missed the entrance.i knew then i better quit trying to drive at night.i couldn't even see stop lights and signs at daytime.im having my left eye done oct 14.sometime before Halloween i hope to make a gear banging video.i ran it through a couple gears pretty hard the other day,it wants to go! so do i
fryedaddy

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i bought a couple things for my comet,while im waiting on my other eye surgery.i got a spal electric fan for my radiator,and a nx nitrous kit
fryedaddy