Blown 1964 Comet

390 & up cid Monster Motors
LENYM

Blown 1964 Comet

Post by LENYM »

Hi, I ordered my rear end housing today it's a full flouter 35 spline with Wilwood brakes, it's 40 inches axle flange to axle flange the four link brackets are twenty inches apart the frame is almost done we need the housing to tell were the shock brackets go, the frame looks great I will post pictures when it together , I am making the distributor adapters now to move it to the side out of the way of the blower belt. Leny Mason

fairlaniac

Re: Blown 1964 Comet

Post by fairlaniac »

Leny,
Saw you other posts on the FE forum. I am currently (tonight) working on a narrowed rear for my '64 Pro Street Comet. I have a 24" 4 link frame. My 4 link brackets are 22" centers. At 20" center is your frame 22"? Looking forward to pics of your frame. This is what I started tonight. Mine is 33" wide. Using 15x15 wheels w/4" offset, 31x18.5x15 tires.
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Hay Doug My Comet is the same color as your car today we sprayed black primer on it, I thought the body was pretty straight before, black shows all the dings, but it is coming along nicely I got my under dash master cylinder so now I can work under the dash, next is to fit the steering column to the rack I turned the worm gear off the end of the shaft, when I get it fit for length I will mill a fiat on it to make a D shape for the U joint, but it is looking great. Leny Mason

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Doug, what is the canister with the Hurst decal and where'd you get that Cyclone decal?

Leny, is the Comet going FE power? I can't remember.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

LENYM

Post by LENYM »

Hi yes it is an FE a blown Cammer C6 it is turning out nice. Leny Mason

fairlaniac

Post by fairlaniac »

Lip Ripper wrote:Doug, what is the canister with the Hurst decal and where'd you get that Cyclone decal?

Leny, is the Comet going FE power? I can't remember.

Stacey
Stacey, Sorry for the delay. Excessive working and vacation kept me away from the forum the past few weeks.

The Cyclone decal I think is from a set of headers I bought years ago? I stuck it there years ago and though it's there, I really never see it if you know what I mean?

the "canister" is a Ford 9" holder for bench work. https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Assembly ... goEALw_wcB
Doug Bender
1964 Comet Caliente
1966 Fairlane 427/4 Spd