dual 4 bbl intake manifold

390 & up cid Monster Motors
loman

dual 4 bbl intake manifold

Post by loman »

Does anyone know any vendors who makes a 429/460 dual 4 barrel non high rise intake manifold? I saw on Blue Thunder's website they have something listed but no details. I have seen something on ebay of some factory experimental thing that they want a $1000 for. Thanks.

pro64

Re: dual 4 bbl intake manifold

Post by pro64 »

offenhauser used to makem for the FE s mite be worth checking

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Holman and Moody made one for 429-460s,you used to see a lot of them on boats.I bet Edelbrock makes one,they have them for everything else!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

loman

Post by loman »

I have checked Edelbrock's site and they only list a dual quad intake for big block FE motors. I checked Summit and they did not list any 8V intakes. A fellow racer/friend is thinking about buying my 63 Galaxie fastback to race in a Nostalgia Super Stock class. The tech guy with this particular NSS org. said they would let him run a 460 in the galaxie as long as it was a dual quad. I think they want some Fords in the field to offset all of the Mopars.

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

http://www.dscmotorsport.com/asp/Produc ... PartID=739

I don't know if Dennis at DSC has these in stock as they have been out of production for a while.I don't think there is much performance increase over an Eddy Victor or even a Torker 2 single but they sure look impressive!It won't hurt you any,though,unless the motor is a big inch high hp deal.

loman

Post by loman »

thanks for the link, I'll forward it to my friend.