Another tire fitment question, I know... Slammed 63 comet

The Round Body, Finned Comets
hibernatingbear

Another tire fitment question, I know... Slammed 63 comet

Post by hibernatingbear »

Hey guys,

I've been searching but having trouble getting any solid info on the 60-63 models and not sure if the wheel wells are shaped the same in the 64+ models. Anyway....

Currently I'm running stock 13s w/ 185/70/13 tires on my 63 sedan. I'm lowering it 3-4"s in the front and 3"s in the rear on Sunday. I'm not worried about my current tire setup but I'm about to order some new wheels and I would love your guys opinion or past experiences with a setup like this.

New wheels: Smoothies, either 14x6 front and 15x7 rear or 15x7 all around. Backspacing is 4"

Since I want to slam it, I was thinking about a 185/65/14(or 60) in the front and a 205/60/15 in the back. If I do 15x7 all around, I'm a little stuck deciding which tires to put in the front. I'd like to avoid rubbing a lot but I don't want tiny tires either. Lol

Any thoughts??

Cheers guys!

hibernatingbear

Re: Another tire fitment question, I know... Slammed 63 com

I went ahead and ordered the 14x6 and the 15x7 wheels.

Right now, I'm thinking 175/65/14 for the front and 195/65/15 for the rear. The front will be small but I'm going low soon and possibly air bags down the road. I'll need the small tires in the front.

With 4" backspacing I don't think I'll have any trouble on a 7" wide wheel with 195s.

I can't wait to get it all setup.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

good conservative choice, you should be ok I would guess. show it off (on here) when you get them on! :D
Johno

hibernatingbear

poboyjo65 wrote:good conservative choice, you should be ok I would guess. show it off (on here) when you get them on! :D

Oh I definitely will, thanks!!