Brake Success

The Round Body, Finned Comets
Adams

Brake Success

Post by Adams »

Well, To update on the '62 brake fiasco, last night I received my new brake line from Falcon Parts. While the listing called it a Falcon/Comet brake line, I installed it, and it was about 6" too short! So, I picked up a flaring kit, did a bit of practicing, and made a small extension connected with a brass union. It's all in and working perfectly now. I took the car to a local show today. It was quite popular. Even though it is mostly original, and a six-banger, people seemed to like it. You just don't see many of these at shows--lots of restored Camaros, '57's and such, but they all start looking the same after a while.

comethead

Re: Brake Success

Post by comethead »

Right on!!!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Thats cool man !! once you have seen 1 GM (ghost monster),you've seen them all,,I think most people that come to see a car show,really could care less ,but what stands out is something different,and a COMET is different and it for sure stands out,,and it being a 6 banger just makes it more appealing to a lot of people..could be wrong but that is my take on it,cause a comet 6 banger takes alot of folks back to another time in life,if any of this makes sense :shock: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

rjones35

Post by rjones35 »

Very cool! Good job! The only reason I go to car shows is to see the different stuff. Seems like no matter how much money is spent or how cool a Camaro with an LS engine and pro touring wheels is, its still a pro touring LS engine Camaro like all the other ones.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

popscomet wrote:Thats cool man !! once you have seen 1 GM (ghost monster),you've seen them all,,I think most people that come to see a car show,really could care less ,but what stands out is something different,and a COMET is different and it for sure stands out,,and it being a 6 banger just makes it more appealing to a lot of people..could be wrong but that is my take on it,cause a comet 6 banger takes alot of folks back to another time in life,if any of this makes sense :shock: :lol: pop
I'm sure it makes sense to anyone who is old enough to think back to another time,,, like me.
Adams, I've been meaning to post about your 62,, SWEET LITTLE PIECE!!!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about