1963 Comet parts

The Round Body, Finned Comets
callen6133

1963 Comet parts

Post by callen6133 »

I have the side trim pieces and what I think is a radiator support for a 1963 Comet. I had this car many years ago and recently found these parts in my attic. If anyone wants them all I ask is for is shipping cost. Email me at callen6133@aol.com

Clayton

Bagger

Re: 1963 Comet parts

Post by Bagger »

Sorry if this shouldn’t be posted here. I found this and wanted to share: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 094438206/

Bagger

Post by Bagger »

I’m embarrassed to even ask this, but I have to know where exactly the trunk floor extension goes? I see the sheet metal for it and can’t picture it in my mind’s eye. Is it the side pieces on each side of the gas tank in the trunk?

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Bagger wrote:I have to know where exactly the trunk floor extension goes?
They are the pieces that drop down vertically from the trunk floor to the bottom of the rear quarters I believe, I have heard them called trunk drops as well or trunk drop extensions. So basically they fill the spot from the rear inside wheel well to the rear bumper and trunk floor to the bottom of the rear quarter panel, the black hole that captures everything loose rolling around in the trunk, there is supposed to be a hardboard piece to cover that hole but I don't think they lasted too long, I think I have one of the covers that was left in my car someplace that I was going to use as a pattern to make new ones but will probably just cut some new ones with my own pattern out of aluminum or something similar.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Bagger

Post by Bagger »

lavron wrote:
Bagger wrote:I have to know where exactly the trunk floor extension goes?
They are the pieces that drop down vertically from the trunk floor to the bottom of the rear quarters I believe, I have heard them called trunk drops as well or trunk drop extensions. So basically they fill the spot from the rear inside wheel well to the rear bumper and trunk floor to the bottom of the rear quarter panel, the black hole that captures everything loose rolling around in the trunk, there is supposed to be a hardboard piece to cover that hole but I don't think they lasted too long, I think I have one of the covers that was left in my car someplace that I was going to use as a pattern to make new ones but will probably just cut some new ones with my own pattern out of aluminum or something similar.

See Ya,
Mike
Thanks brother! I knew it couldn’t be as easy as just finding those pieces to repair the immediate trunk area surrounding the gas tank.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Bagger wrote: I knew it couldn’t be as easy as just finding those pieces to repair the immediate trunk area surrounding the gas tank.
I think there may be a trunk floor pan available from like Mac's not sure. I made my own, of course they are not factory appearing because I am using a '68 Mustang gas tank (and I changed a bunch of stuff anyway)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Bagger

Post by Bagger »

lavron wrote:
Bagger wrote: I knew it couldn’t be as easy as just finding those pieces to repair the immediate trunk area surrounding the gas tank.
I think there may be a trunk floor pan available from like Mac's not sure. I made my own, of course they are not factory appearing because I am using a '68 Mustang gas tank (and I changed a bunch of stuff anyway)

See Ya,
Mike
I’ve been checking everything and nothing ever comes up as a fit. Emailed some places and they don’t want to give the go ahead to use another product’s sheet metal. Looks like self fabrication is the path to take.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

They should be the same as Falcon.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread