1962 Comet Build Thread

The Round Body, Finned Comets
darryl27529

Re: 1962 Comet Build Thread-Clyde is looking for a new home

Post by darryl27529 »

My wife and I have decided to move closer to the salty air along the NC Coast. The crazy housing market has sped up our plans. I think its time to let someone else enjoy the Comet so I am planning to list it on Facebook, craigslist and here too and see what happens. It has been a lot of work and fun putting it back together.
ImageImage

Caveman49

Re: 1962 Comet Build Thread

Post by Caveman49 »

Wow, I’m surprised there’s been no responses, that seems to be more then a far price. I just went through your build thread, you’ve done quite a lot, with great upgrades. Wish you were closer, I’d love to look at it. How far are you from Fayetteville, I was stationed at Bragg for a good while, can’t remember the area that well.

All the best with the sale.
Motor Safe,
Lee

darryl27529

Post by darryl27529 »

Hi Lee. Thanks for the comments. We are about 45 minutes from Fayetteville. The Comet was actually purchased new in Lumberton NC which is about 10 minutes from Fayetteville. We are moving to the coast and I dont want the car to sit in salty air. The car is almost finished with all the hard stuff done. The price is mainly to cover the cost of parts. They start to add up pretty quickly. You could always send a truck.... I sold a 1981 Jeep CJ7 Laredo to a guy from Texas and he sent a car hauler for it. He liked it so much that he took engagement pictures with the Jeep in the background!
ImageImage

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

Yeah, I remember Lumberton, used to travel I-95 to Florida to see my folks back then. My oldest daughter actually lives in Raeford, been awhile since we visited. I sure don’t need another project, working with our 66 Comet right now, but if I wasn’t I’d be bringing the trailer your way.
Motor Safe,
Lee

darryl27529

Post by darryl27529 »

Ok so I think I jumped the gun. Changed my mind. Clyde is going with me to eastern NC. I met a really nice person at the Cabelas in Garner and he pointed out a couple of things that made me realize that I aint finished and I've missed a couple things. One of them was pretty embarrassing (has to do with grounding and lots of current going placed that it shouldn't :oops: ) and a few other things that just need attention. Its come a long way but I just need to get it over the finish line if there is such a thing. I am trying to talk a buddy into riding with me in the Comet for the 2 hour drive. Sort of like Thelma and Louise but hopefully with a better ending.
ImageImage

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

Glad you decided to keep it, I believe you’ll be happy you did. I don’t think you ever get “really finished” with them, there’s always something. Hope it works out for you.
Motor Safe,
Lee

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

:D
Tom
tomb's 65

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Good decision. :D

Jim

darryl27529

Post by darryl27529 »

Just a quick note to say thank you for the help on this forum. Clyde has found a new home in St. Pauls NC and considering he was from Lumberton, Clyde is basically back home. I appreciate the support and if another Comet shows up at my door I know where to go for help. If interested, the video for the Comet heading out for its new home can be found at the link below. Take care. Darryl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKE0oLgScIE
ImageImage

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Glad you found her a good home. I know she'll appreciate the lack of salt air. Hope you find another Comet to save some day. Don't be a stranger.

Jim