1962 Comet Battery Location

The Round Body, Finned Comets
darryl27529

1962 Comet Battery Location

Post by darryl27529 »

Hi Guys.

Hoping someone can give me a little guidance. 1962 Comet with 302 V8/C4 conversion. Seems that the stock location for battery tray will rest right on top of the alternator. Thinking that I move it up 1 inch to give a little space but wanted to see what others have done when making the conversions. From the images I have found, it looks like 63 Comets have the battery against the hood/front end support rather than inner fenderwell. Any recommendations for lower profile batteries as well. Thanks in advance.
ImageImage

lavron
Site Admin

Re: 1962 Comet Battery Location

Post by lavron »

I think I saw someplace that you can turn the battery 90 degrees (with a different tray), but I may have dreamed that.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Re: 1962 Comet Battery Location

Post by poboyjo65 »

lavron wrote:I think I saw someplace that you can turn the battery 90 degrees (with a different tray), but I may have dreamed that.

See Ya,
Mike
I did that on my 65,but I think the aprons are different. but I ordered a battery tray for a later mustang, like a 68 or 70,I just looked at the pics in a mustang catalog for what I wanted . it was close to what I needed but I still altered it. I think I drilled the spot welds out & moved the brace to where I needed it to mounted it higher & turned it 90°
Johno