62 comet throttle linkage

The Round Body, Finned Comets
CometQ

62 comet throttle linkage

Post by CometQ »

Hey, I recently bought a 62 comet to restore. Car has a 144 with single barrel Holley carb and has a 3 on the tree manual tranny. The throttle linkage from pedal to carb is missing. Hoping some one can show me what it actually looks like and what it may be interchangeable with. I've seen some throttle linkage for 63-64 for sale but for auto tranny and wasn't sure how much of a difference there is.

power band

Re: 62 comet throttle linkage

Post by power band »

Since you have a 3OTT, the linkage doesn't need the slushomatics' kickdown lever and is simpler. If the firewall mounted bellcrank from the pedal thru firewall is intact, a replacement arm should be able to be sourced or fabricated. If it's missing the bellcrank and rods, a conversion to cable from a later Ford (Mav/Com/Stang etc may be simpler.

The '62 probably also had the smaller bellcrank that is mounted on the intake spacer below carb depending on which carb it was OEM'd.

you can kinda' see both bellcranks - firewall and eng. intake on this OEM '63 170 3OTT wagon pedal setup with an 1100 carb ,

Image . Image

swapping to later Maverick 170 and a H/W 32/36 (and T5) just needed a little forming of OEM push- rod from the firewall.

have fun

CometQ

Re: 62 comet throttle linkage

Post by CometQ »

Thanks, for the help! Yes, the one that attaches to the pedal through firewall is there. Just missing the linkage Frome that to the carb. Thanks for the pictures too 👍 much appreciated!