Mixing & matching parts

The Round Body, Finned Comets
cparker136

Mixing & matching parts

Post by cparker136 »

Hey guys. I'm back with more questions. I'm getting ready to go to our big local swap meet and want to be ready if I see some things I want. Does anyone know if:

1. A 1960-63 Falcon gauge cluster fits the Comet dash hole? I'm looking at putting in some custom gauge sets but don't see any aftermarket Comet panels available. I do see the Falcon custom panels are available though. Would they fit?

2. Will the 1962 Comet grill fit my 1963 Comet? It looks like the 1962 is a 1-piece grill and my 1963 grill has outer headlight bezels that were removed separately. The bezels tie into the side trim. I'm looking at shaving my door handles, filling in my trim holes, & and I don't have side mirrors. I thought if I could use a 1962 grill that does not tie into the side trim, I could remove the side trim and keep with the smooth theme.

3. there does not look like there is much room for power brakes. I was thinking about cutting out the export braces and install a rod style export brace for more clearance. Does anyone have any thoughts/experience with that?

As always, thanks for your help.

SASSY

Re: Mixing & matching parts

Post by SASSY »

Dont know about #1-2 questions but 3, ya people replace them with something else lots. There is a bolt in unit available for the 64-5s it might work for your car too.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

power band

Post by power band »

Dash modules from 60-63 Falcon and Comet should interchange, my '63 Falcon has a Comet module which plugged right in.

Image . Image

... to me , nothing is cooler than the jet-age cockpit MEL style cues of the early Comet.

have fun

Image . Image

cparker136

Post by cparker136 »

Great information. Thanks guys.