Springs Sagging?

The Round Body, Finned Comets
pfleuret

Springs Sagging?

Post by pfleuret »

I need some other eyeballs to look at the car ride height in back. Seems to me a bit low. And the left side is definitely 1/2” lower than the right. Is that within normal variation? Trying to figure out if I should tackle the rear springs or just call it good. Thx.

Pat

1963 1/2 S-22 260/4spd

JimsHot66

Re: Springs Sagging?

Post by JimsHot66 »

Looks good to me! Can't speak to the height variation. If there's no tire scraping and it rides nice, I'd call it good.

Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

The driver side usually sags after a few decades if it doesn't carry a passenger.
Mine was sagging 3/4" and felt softer on driver's side going over speed bumps, so I changed mine.
Check shocks and bushings first.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

pfleuret wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:45 pm
I need some other eyeballs to look at the car ride height in back. Seems to me a bit low. And the left side is definitely 1/2” lower than the right. Is that within normal variation? Trying to figure out if I should tackle the rear springs or just call it good. Thx.

People spend lots of money, & do lots of work to get their car to have a stance like yours! :) front & rear !!!

does the left front sit lower than right front ?or is it all in the rear? if it is in the front you could probably swap sides with the coils ,,,& with you in it probably would sit bout right.but that's a lot of work. I'm guessing you mean it is lower on the left side with no body in the car? do you like the way it rides? several ways to approach it depending on what you want. if you're content with the ride you could add weight to the right side in the trunk for a while. also you could get those twist in things that twist in between the coils. my car had like 5 on one side & 6 on the other when I got it,took em out & the tires rubbed, so put them back in until I redid the whole car.
Johno

pfleuret

Post by pfleuret »

Many thanks for the helpful feedback!
Pat

1963 1/2 S-22 260/4spd