1963 Comet Mouldings

The Round Body, Finned Comets
JCBond

1963 Comet Mouldings

Post by JCBond »

Hi, does any know where I can get mouldings for a 1963 Comet Custom. I need the piece that goes from the door to the end of the front fender. It ends in a point. The top one. And I need that sharp turn on the back quarter panel. Its the bottom part as that moulding turns sharp. Thanks

poboyjo65

Re: 1963 Comet Mouldings

Post by poboyjo65 »

You might try Russ falcon parts 626 969 8157 , I think he is out west ,cali maybe.
Johno

JCBond

Post by JCBond »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:35 pm
You might try Russ falcon parts 626 969 8157 , I think he is out west ,cali maybe.
Wow thanks! I called that guy and he did have those parts. Amazing. He even answered on a Saturday before I spent hours pouring through google and eBay. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Welcome!! Kind of a fluke that I found that number. back before Christmas Joe Travers, a good member on here thanked me for setting him up with Russ because he had got a few hard to find things for his 63, the first was a headlight switch bezel nut. I ask another buddy on FB & he told me about Russ & said tell him Comet John sent him. So probably a year later is when Joe said thanks for telling him about Russ & I said Russ who? I had forgotten. So not long after that I was looking at my messages to Comet John because he died of a heart attack a few months prior & I saw the message where he had told me about russ & his number. so Now ,,,, with Joe not on here,,,,& having some bad health issues I went back to look at comet Johns & my messages & found the name & number again to tell you.

So if you talk to Russ again tell him although comet John has died he still in a long round about way sent you ! :D
here is Comet John Hunten with his chopped sedan delivery, I think he had 7-8 comets;
Johno

JCBond

Post by JCBond »

So if you talk to Russ again tell him although comet John has died he still in a long round about way sent you ! :D
here is Comet John Hunten with his chopped sedan delivery, I think he had 7-8 comets;

I defiantly will. Thanks again.