cd radio for 63 comet

The Round Body, Finned Comets
COMET KID

cd radio for 63 comet

Post by COMET KID »

Does anyone know who converts these to the AM-FM CD RADIO for a 1963 COMET.. I had seen them years ago,., better than a CD changer in the trunk

PLP6400

Re: cd radio for 63 comet

Post by PLP6400 »

I have never seen or heard of a CD conversion, only AM FM conversions. About six years ago I searched around on the internet and car shows and never saw such a conversion. I think it is because the size of the opening required for the CD tray. I finally had my 65 Comet AM radio converted to AM FM and installed the CD unit in the trunk. That was fine for me, you could have 3 to 4 hours of music before changing the CD's. About 4 years ago I got XM radio and have not listen to a CD since. With the sattelite radio, Ipods and flash drives, I think music CD's are going the way of the typewriter.

Predist

Post by Predist »

Auto Krafters has one, go to their on line book. The part number is RAD630 for $249.95 It is listed as a CD changer- Compatible AM/FM Radio
Live today as if there is no tomorrow
Heart Transplant 10/1988 and second Transplant 03/23 a Great day to be alive
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3252956

Hillbilly Comet Man

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

Here is my choice.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Secret-A ... 5d2692be0b
You can put your cds on a flash drive and have tons of music.My Boss used this on his factory 5 Roadster.For me you cant beat it.Mount it in the trunk or glovebox,rated at 200 watts so it will sound awesome.they also have a cd player also,but you dont really need it with the usb port and mp3 and flash drive capabilities
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning