Comet dash

The Round Body, Finned Comets
BJB

Comet dash

Post by BJB »

My Falcon has a dash that is plastic with a chrome finish.

I believe someone on this forum referred to it being identical to the early Comet dash. I also read that the US dash was chromed metal. Is that correct. Are these rare. As my dash is in need of re chroming (which is done by vacuum metalising) this isn't a cheap process. I am toying with the idea that it maybe cool and cost effective to purchase a metal US dash in excellent condition.

So where is a good starting point to track down a suitable dash. I have tried ebay but they tend to have early Falcon ( different shape)
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

Hillbilly Comet Man

Re: Comet dash

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

I see these on Ebay all the time,62-63 is what you need,you will finad a nice one,is your falcon the one that has the 62-63 style fenders and hood on it?
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Mate can't help on dash,but a few wks a go..I told you I 'd look for a set whl covers,and I made a special 47 mile round trip.those whl covers are not at my old shop,sorry..BUT I did look.thanks......POP
pop/glenda

BJB

Post by BJB »

popscomet wrote:Mate can't help on dash,but a few wks a go..I told you I 'd look for a set whl covers,and I made a special 47 mile round trip.those whl covers are not at my old shop,sorry..BUT I did look.thanks......POP
Thanks Pop I appreciate your effort and the next time your down under or I am up over I will fix you for the petrol, I mean gas. :D

BJB

Post by BJB »

Hillbilly Comet Man wrote:I see these on Ebay all the time,62-63 is what you need,you will finad a nice one,is your falcon the one that has the 62-63 style fenders and hood on it?
Yes, my 66 has your style early comet bonnet (hood) and guards ( fenders). The front turn lamps are 59 Edsel. :mrgreen:

If you see a really nice metal dash that will suit please let me know. I may have to troll the wrecking yards around your country via the net.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BJB wrote:
popscomet wrote:Mate can't help on dash,but a few wks a go..I told you I 'd look for a set whl covers,and I made a special 47 mile round trip.those whl covers are not at my old shop,sorry..BUT I did look.thanks......POP
Thanks Pop I appreciate your effort and the next time your down under or I am up over I will fix you for the petrol, I mean gas. :D
Mate,you don't owe me any thing,in fact,if I had the covers,all they were going to cost you was,shipping.pop
pop/glenda