strut rods

The Round Body, Finned Comets
byrnie2

strut rods

Post by byrnie2 »

I have a '63 conv't with 260 V8. My shop manual indicates strut rod length of 17 5/8 in but this is for a '61. No additioal info is given in the '62 or '63 :D supplements. The '64 manual gives the length as 16 9/16 in. Anybody know what they should be? Thanks.

Comechero65

Re: strut rods

Post by Comechero65 »

byrnie2 wrote:I have a '63 conv't with 260 V8. My shop manual indicates strut rod length of 17 5/8 in but this is for a '61. No additioal info is given in the '62 or '63 :D supplements. The '64 manual gives the length as 16 9/16 in. Anybody know what they should be? Thanks.
I have no idea what the length should be. But if you can get a decent amount of caster I wouldn't worry about it. You should have adjustable struts so adjusting more caster in shouldn't be a problem. If not shims can be arranged to increase it. Just keep it in the range of the adjustment on the struts. You could even relocate the attachment points where the strut bolts to the LCA.
On my 65 I measured 18" from the center of the threaded part which would be the center of the front bushing anchor bracket to the front bolt that attaches to the lca

Early struts I added to mine:
Relocated holes to get the 18" measurement on mine.
Give you some ideas?

Ron