help?

The Round Body, Finned Comets
xbaron

help?

Post by xbaron »

hello all!
I have a '62 comet body ready for paint and a fully running perfect '65 comet.
The plan is to take my recently purchased '65 cyclone perfect interior and the 8 cylinder, suspension, rear axle and combine it with the '62 body.

QESTION: what will work/ or not work in this '65 to '62 swap?

thanks!!!

mike
~whore for horse power!

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Welcome to the forum Mike.

I would say all of it will work but some might take modification, the front suspension will not all work, the drag link is a differant length I am pretty sure.

The floor pan is differant too so I am not sure the carpet will fit right, on of the early Comet guys can answer that I'm sure.

The last thing is the rear springs, you would have to measure and compare (length and width)

For the most the big stuff should work, motor mounts etc might have to be swapped out.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Hillbilly Comet Man

Post by Hillbilly Comet Man »

I am thinking that the carpet will work,I have seen several carpets listed as 60-65.The front suspension will work if you use the complete steering system with it.I have a complete 64 unit in mine.Door panels won't work.I think that I would sell the 65 complete and put that money towards a 4 door donor car with 5 lug suspension and V8.Got any pics of your 62,Mine has been on the backburner due to lack of time and funds.After I get the Lightning painted I hope to get back to it.
19'62 2Dr. Sedan, Black with Red interior.
1962 Comet S-22,Champagne w/beige and white interior
Black 1993 Ford Lightning

Judd

Post by Judd »

I had 64 Comet Cylone buckets and rear seat in a 60 falcon 2 dr sedan.
Judd