Rocket's Comet Build

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
poboyjo65

Re: Rocket's Comet Build

Post by poboyjo65 »

I hate that happened. several times I looked down & saw mine left on there & I'd take it off,,, it would dawn on me how easy that would be to not see , & might be deadly if someone were bending over looking at the engine when fired up. so even if you know your gonna turn the motor with it again it is a bad habit to get in to. But you now have it burned into your brain so I'm thinking you'll never do it again. :wink:

Engine bay is looking good! :D I never woulda thunk it but I love that green motor!! :D
Johno

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Burned into the noggin is right!! Shucks, with all the stuff on it it’s hard to see much MEAN GREEN!! :lol: Maybe it’ll be a little stealthy having painted the Eddy heads and the intake. Along with 260 sticker! :mrgreen:

Probably not much though with how it sounds.
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Glad your OK. Your project looks great.
tomb's 65

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I heard of an old man that forgot his ratchet and started up the old motor and the ratchet flew out and hit his best hunting dog in the head,,,,didn't kill the dog,,,but the dog acted goofy from then on.. :lol: :roll: :shock: :? POP :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Thanks Tom - your Comet’s looking sharp man. I’m definitely going to look into that wire loom you used - looks great & can’t be worse than putting the corrugated stuff on!!

Pop - If that ratchet would’ve hit my dog in the noggin - no way it could’ve done anything but make it smarter. That friggin dog is DUMB...AND stubborn... :roll:

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Wow I had a dog like that years ago. Andy

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

[quote="Rocket989"]Thanks Tom - your Comet’s looking sharp man. I’m definitely going to look into that wire loom you used - looks great & can’t be worse than putting the corrugated stuff on!!

Thanks Rocket. The loom is pretty easy to use. Just make sure you melt the ends a little with a match so it doesen't come unraveled when your feeding wire into it.
Tom
tomb's 65

comethead

Post by comethead »

Hey Rocket sorry to hear about the ratchet slip. Man - stuff happens when you’re all over the car doing stuff.

I got my engine and trans in. Thanks for the exhaust clamp pic...I’m going to do exactly that !!

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Right-on, get that hog fired-up!

I might go back and add a 2nd rubber washer on the top and bottom of both “hanger” bolts for a little more flex...we’ll see.

Next time I get a shot at initial start-up, I’m drawing a chalk circle on the garage floor. If the 1/2 racket & 3” extension aren’t in it...no turnee the key!!! :lol: :lol:

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I have to admit, on my 56th lap around the sun, I did this. Just last month I had the breaker bar on the 289 in the 64 Galaxie rotating the crank. I wanted to measure and mark a 36 degree point on the balancer. Did it, fired it up, tuned it and then I noticed a balancer bolt in the driveway. Sshhh. :shock:

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Lip Ripper wrote:I have to admit, on my 56th lap around the sun, I did this. Just last month I had the breaker bar on the 289 in the 64 Galaxie rotating the crank. I wanted to measure and mark a 36 degree point on the balancer. Did it, fired it up, tuned it and then I noticed a balancer bolt in the driveway. Sshhh. :shock:

Stacey
there ain't a man that turns a wrench on a car ,that has not ever done that! OL POP is glad to hear that you guys did it also,,,,I don't feel so forgetful or like I've got the HUA SICKNESS..THANKS POP :shock: :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:there ain't a man that turns a wrench on a car ,that has not ever done that!
Haven't done that, yet, I will keep working at it :P :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:
popscomet wrote:there ain't a man that turns a wrench on a car ,that has not ever done that!
Haven't done that, yet, I will keep working at it :P :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
GIVE IT TIME !!! it'll happen,,,pop
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GIVmRRuERHA

Breakin’ in...not without BS but making progress. More tomorrow...time to get a little sleep!!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

cant see it. :(
Johno