65 Comet 4 link

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
65clevorcyclone

65 Comet 4 link

Post by 65clevorcyclone »

Has anyone made or modified a 4 link rear suspension for their car?

loman

Re: 65 Comet 4 link

Post by loman »

I have a 4 link in my car. I used Chassis Engineering frame rails and brackets. My car was completely gutted when I got it, so there was no original floor or trunk floor in it. It had already been converted to a 2x3 box frame rail. I cut the previous owners frame rail out and started fresh with the Chassis Engineering stuff.

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

After looking up 4 link designs I decided to build my own. I built a triangular 4 link using material I bought on the internet. You can see my build under Tomb's 65 comet build. It's listed just under your post.
tomb's 65

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

I bought a Total cost involved front end and 4 link, The Front end is made for the comet and its installation is going fine
TCI doesn't have one Specificallly for the Comet so I got the Falcon one thinking ..how much work could it be?.Its goint to be do able but I am going to get some help from a chassis chop fro the 4 link install,Hopefully soon

to start with the Rear Comet frame Rails are wider so the space between them is narrower than the Falcon so the Sub frame TCI supplies needs the mounting ears cut off and the unit narrowed slightly ,also the other 2 mount points the Shock absorber mounts and the sheet metal to the rear and down from the rear seat are longer on the comet so that needs to be adjusted.\the other mounting point for the Falcon requires the supppied Straight saddle brackets..On the Comet that area is on a curve so I had to make cured saddles..
its not TCI's fault .Its mine.All the welds and stuff are really good .I just should have gone a different route.