64 Comet Build

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
loman

Re: 64 Comet Build

Post by loman »

That's great to see it moving. I have a couple of questions. Are the stickers still on the rear tires? If not, were they removed the boring or fun way?

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

they are still on one of them...we had talked about doing a waterhole burn out....then we decided to not,just in case we broke something and wouldn't have time to fix it in time to head for PF !!so right now we are being on the safe side,,the most important thing is PF !! :shock: ..... :shock:burning those stickers off,is not on top of our list...but the burn out is in the wind for sure,,,,and you can take that to the bank !!,,,,.......pop
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

popscomet wrote:they are still on one of them...we had talked about doing a waterhole burn out....then we decided to not,just in case we broke something and wouldn't have time to fix it in time to head for PF !!so right now we are being on the safe side,,the most important thing is PF !! :shock: ..... :shock:burning those stickers off,is not on top of our list...but the burn out is in the wind for sure,,,,and you can take that to the bank !!,,,,.......pop
Make sure you record that. Will be looking forward to seeing it.
Tom
tomb's 65

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

tomb22 wrote:
popscomet wrote:they are still on one of them...we had talked about doing a waterhole burn out....then we decided to not,just in case we broke something and wouldn't have time to fix it in time to head for PF !!so right now we are being on the safe side,,the most important thing is PF !! :shock: ..... :shock:burning those stickers off,is not on top of our list...but the burn out is in the wind for sure,,,,and you can take that to the bank !!,,,,.......pop
Make sure you record that. Will be looking forward to seeing it.
Tom
Yup - I’m in for that also! :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

A little up date on the RUSTY RELIC,,,and the up date is nothing :shock: other then taking it to a monthly cruise in last month..other things has gotten in the way,like roof repair on son's house and job related ,plus we just don't want to work,has been hot..we did what we sat out to do and that was build it in 6mo and take it to PF,,we did that so time is on our side,,but we ain't deserted it..it sets in the shop waiting ,like it did for 22yrs in the weeds.... :) :wink: POP
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Y'all earned a break after the marathon you put in during the first 6 months of this year. Just don't let it sit for another 22 years before you get fired up again. We'll have to get Mike to give you a little pep talk like you gave him. Sure seems to work. :lol: I might need a dose, too, after I get my garage built. :roll:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

we're not completely out of dirt racin….so that is something to take us away from OL rusty also....plus keeping my other stuff on the road,includeing my tractors,,,,at least it's waiting inside in the dry....pop
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I think I saw a picture of it on a Comet FB page. It was pulled behind a 65? Ford truck with a hauler that was kind of rusty like Rusty is. Was that you guys?
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

It's very possible..I pulled it to that cruise last month with my 66 f100.....pop
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Maroon truck? It was on Mercury Cyclone, Comet and Montego Owners page. Here is the text.

I know a lot of guys aren’t into the patina car/rat rod thing but had to share this from Instagram. Perfection.
Attachments
37860304_10217646072002638_699220641429061632_n.jpg
37860304_10217646072002638_699220641429061632_n.jpg (63.82 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that's it !!….was a lot of pic's taken of it that night..OL POP likes new stuff,,,,but I like them better after they get old !!….thank you,STACEY………..POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:that's it !!….was a lot of pic's taken of it that night..OL POP likes new stuff,,,,but I like them better after they get old !!….thank you,STACEY………..POP
OUT OF ALL the people,men and women that looked at it,there was only one man against the patina,was surprised at the women who said ,don't paint it,leave it just like it is !!!...thanks ....and your correct,it's my son's comet,,I gave my part to him,,it's all his he did most of the work....pop :D :)
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

That's a fine looking pair...from nose to tail!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WE brought OL RUSTY HOME from PF,and ain't touched it since,,other stuff going on,I just fired it up and removed it from the house garage,have been keeping the RED RIDE in the shop,,so I just traded places with them,,,trying to find time to get back on my COBRA kit car...I got more done when I worked ,,,being retired takes up a lot of time :lol: :wink: pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I've found that being retired is a full time job. :wink:
Jim