Crites Ram Air hood

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Crites Ram Air hood

Post by A/FX »

[It seems like when I saved this pic it said it was the very first one, the proto type, but I dont trust my memory any more. :roll: but that may account for it being on a regular car. would make sense that they didnt want the russians stealing any secrets so they sent a regular car for fitment . :lol:[/quote]

Johno,
Your theory makes sense. The hood sure looks like an original and they might have installed the hinge provisions just on the prototype and then dropped them for the 21 “production”hoods. All the ‘64 A/FX cars were initially distributed with the bubble hoods, then part way through the race season the dual scoop hood was sent to the teams. My hood was built from a mold pulled from the Tom Coward car. The person who bought the T.C. ‘64 Comet from the Tom Coward dealership when the ‘65 model race car came out told me the sequence of how all this came about. Being all this happened 54 years ago the stories that people hear now a day are based on mostly hear-say, I was told what I know first hand by the person who actually owned an A/FX car back in the day.
If you ever come across the pictures of the hood again I would enjoy seeing them. (The pictures you posted are not individual so I can not save them separately.)

Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jim I think I'll post that pic on that fran page & see if I can stir up some replies. did the link let you look at the pics on the Fran page? you can click on ''photos'' & look at only pics,like thumbnails, Lots of interesting pics !
Johno

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

poboyjo65 wrote:Jim I think I'll post that pic on that fran page & see if I can stir up some replies. did the link let you look at the pics on the Fran page? you can click on ''photos'' & look at only pics,like thumbnails, Lots of interesting pics !
Not being a subscriber to Facebook I was only able to view the pictures that were on the posts. If I try to click on an individual picture it asks for a log in. I don’t want to sound backwards but I have no desire to sign up for Facebook, I may be missing some cool stuff but I just don’t want to join.
If you stir up any interest with your post let me know.
Thanks!!!
Jim
I also noticed that my original link to the hood picture is no longer valid. If anyone would like to see them I can post them again.
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”