Daughters 65 Comet

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
fair67

Daughters 65 Comet

Post by fair67 »

Well we managed to get some small things done on the Comet. The Crites hood is on and we were trying to figure out a prop rod. We decided to go with Turnbuckles that go where the hood springs were. We figured it would be great when she goes to a show because theres no prop rod in the way. I am also thinking of adding a prop rod too for when she is by herself. The turnbuckles are not as easy to use as a prop rod. She also managed to finally get her glovebox liner in and installed her rear window cranks. I didnt get to help much with them 2 jobs.
Here is the hood up with Turnbuckles

Installing glovebox liner.

Window cranks

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Daughters 65 Comet

Post by lavron »

fair67 wrote: I didnt get to help much with them 2 jobs.
She didn't slap your had away or anything when you tried to help? At least you were free to supervise and take pictures 8)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I'll bet you're proud of that girl. I would be. 8)
Jim

fair67

Post by fair67 »

lavron wrote:
fair67 wrote: I didnt get to help much with them 2 jobs.
She didn't slap your had away or anything when you tried to help? At least you were free to supervise and take pictures 8)

See Ya,
Mike
She didnt slap but she let me lnow she wanted to do it haha.

fair67

Post by fair67 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:I'll bet you're proud of that girl. I would be. 8)
Jim
She definately likes her Comet here is a pic of the first time she got to drive it.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

cool !! that smile .,,pays for it all,,,,,cool just down right cool !! pop
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

You got to be totally enjoying this. I would be. Love seeing it happen. Thanks
Tom
tomb's 65

fair67

Post by fair67 »

popscomet wrote:cool !! that smile .,,pays for it all,,,,,cool just down right cool !! pop
Thanks Pop it is definately worth every penny.

fair67

Post by fair67 »

tomb22 wrote:You got to be totally enjoying this. I would be. Love seeing it happen. Thanks
Tom
Thanks next is to put on the much better rear bumper I will take pictures of course.

fair67

Post by fair67 »

Today we got the rear bumper off so we can paint behind it and put on the much better chrome bumper. She got right in there we will also pull the gas tank and decide if we can save it or not the sender isnt working for sure.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

One of my favorite pics: me, son-in-law and grandson working on the rear bumper of my Comet. :D

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Fair67 I have a sender I would give you. It is an aftermarket. it showed little over a half a tank when it was full .but I hear lots of guys complaining about that with the repops. I didnt use it long before I narrowed my frame & built a fuel cell. I just cant throw it away. pm me your address if you want it.
btw you could bend the float arm to adjust it & make it read more accurate.
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I used Redkote on my tank. After I narrowed my frame & couldnt use the tank I decided to use the top to hide my fuel cell. the redkote did great. But I should have put a chain or something in the tank even after it was vatted to knock any loose stuff or ruff places. & I should have turn the tank more when I was coating it & should have did more coats. I think I only did 2 or 3. I had 2 of the cans of it & used both, I had more than one left over. there are other brands that have good reviews like this one.the reason you see rust is I filled the tank with water & let it sit for about 3 weeks before I cut it open so you can see the places that didnt get coated good. in the top pic the reason I put the screen on it is to keep the bugs out while the coating dried for a few days.

Johno

fair67

Post by fair67 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:One of my favorite pics: me, son-in-law and grandson working on the rear bumper of my Comet. :D

Jim
That sure is a great picture I would say frame it.

fair67

Post by fair67 »

poboyjo65 wrote:Fair67 I have a sender I would give you. It is an aftermarket. it showed little over a half a tank when it was full .but I hear lots of guys complaining about that with the repops. I didnt use it long before I narrowed my frame & built a fuel cell. I just cant throw it away. pm me your address if you want it.
btw you could bend the float arm to adjust it & make it read more accurate.
I wanna thank you for the sender and also all the good info on the gas tank. I just removed the sender in the car and we will pull the tank today after school. Then I can get a good look inside it. I know the outside has surface rust so the inside most likely is not great.
Thanks Again