1965 Mercury Comet Electrical Wiring Diagrams Manual

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
kevinshi

1965 Mercury Comet Electrical Wiring Diagrams Manual

Post by kevinshi »

Hey Folks -

Does anyone out there in Comet lovers land have a copy of this manual ("1965 Mercury Comet Large Format Electrical Wiring Diagrams Manual")?

If so I'm hoping to convince you to let me borrow it to make a scan/copy and send it back to you...

These do occasionally show up for sale but they are dang expensive... I don't really care to own an original but I would like to have the full dump of information inside...

Thanks,
kevin
Thanks,
kevin
1965 Caliente Convertible
5H25A525287 (76DM6204L5416)

tomb22

Re: 1965 Mercury Comet Electrical Wiring Diagrams Manual

Post by tomb22 »

If you understand wiring diagrams you can search on line for a wiring diagram for a 65 comet and print it for free. That's what I did. It's not a complicated wiring system.
Hope this helps your pocket book.
tom
tomb's 65

kevinshi

Post by kevinshi »

Yea I have the wiring diagram which is indeed a 98% solution.

Two things going on for me...

First I would like to see a detailed diagram for how the wires lay into the engine compartment.

Second there is an issue of completeness. I would just like to have a copy of every official ford reference for my car. Just because. Totally irrational. ;-)
Thanks,
kevin

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

Kevin ,Weird hey how they reproduce every other model years manuals but ours.
sorry I don't have what your looking .I have been on the similar quest for the "body assembly manual"
Do you have a copy of that ? If so I would I would be interested In a scan copy . I would have thought every dealership would have got a copy of all the manuals.
Seems like so much other stuff they are lost to history..shame .. good hunting ,At least you have several hundred treasure hunters here trying to help

comethead

Post by comethead »

Kevin if you check out the CometEast website you may be able to contact one of the members and ask there. Theyve been THE Comet guys for years. In fact I bought a scanned Comet wiring diagram and my restored Rally Pac from Pete Girard at CometEast. ( But I don’t think it’s from the manual you’re looking for)

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

kevinshi

Post by kevinshi »

Kingspeedy2 wrote:Kevin ,Weird hey how they reproduce every other model years manuals but ours.
sorry I don't have what your looking .I have been on the similar quest for the "body assembly manual"
Do you have a copy of that ? If so I would I would be interested In a scan copy . I would have thought every dealership would have got a copy of all the manuals.
Seems like so much other stuff they are lost to history..shame .. good hunting ,At least you have several hundred treasure hunters here trying to help
As far as I know the best source for 1965 body assembly is the 1965 Lincoln Mercury Master Parts Catalog. This has many (dozens and dozens) of illustrations of every bolt on the car + even exploded views of the (factory welded) body parts. It also has illustrations of everything else - electrical, mechanical, etc. Not sure it is technically an "body assembly manual" but it shows so many illustrations that it is hard to imagine a question it can't answer (by reverse engineering).

I happen to have an extra copy of this (long story) that I am about to list on ebay. Happy to sell it direct, PM me if you are interested. (I would offer to send you scans but that'd be dozens of pages - I think you are better off just having a copy for yourself).
Thanks,
kevin

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

Pm Sent Kevin