‘64 Cyclone update

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Jims65cyclone

Re: ‘64 Cyclone update

Post by Jims65cyclone »

That body color is going to make that red interior really POP! 8) Lookin' good!

Jim

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Jims65cyclone wrote:That body color is going to make that red interior really POP! 8) Lookin' good!

Jim
I just looked at the photos I uploaded, they actually make the color look grey. In reality the color is a brilliant silver, it does not have any visible metallic but looks like a deep solid silver color. Yes, I believe it will really be set off by the blood red interior color.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: ‘64 Cyclone update October 2019

Post by A/FX »

Here is another update on the Cyclone.
It returned from the body shop a week ago, it was gone for six months between e coating, bodywork and paint. (I spent quite a bit of time working at the body shop on the car under the tutorship of the owner)
The car looks amazing, it is exactly what I wanted for the interior and exterior colors. The body is lazer straight and the panel fit excellent.
I am now in the process of assembly, it is going smoothly as I planned mostly because I mocked up everything during the fabrication process so now it is a matter on installation with the correct fasteners.
The seats came back yesterday from my upholstery guy, they are even better than I expected. I gave him two 1964 Thunderbird bucket seats and one 1964 Cyclone seat, I told him I wanted the Cyclone seat pattern on the T bird seats. The material is a blood red vinyl, the inserts are perforated, the silver beading is just as the Cyclone seats had. He is now working on the one piece headliner, it will be perforated vinyl to match the seats. The door panels and carpet will be next.
I expect the re assembly to take all winter and into the spring, maybe longer. I do not plan to rush anything, I want it done right the first time.
Attached are a few pictures, and a link to my photo album. ( newest pictures are posted last in the album)
Jim

https://www.flickr.com/photos/kabinenro ... 6464305953

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

It's gonna be beautiful Jim,,,all top notch! :D
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Can't wait to see it finished! 8)

Jim

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

I am progressing with the final assembly my Cyclone, since my last update I have installed brake lines, fuel line, and quite a bit of exterior trim. The new windscreen and back glass are installed as is the headliner. All of the interior trim has been installed around the windscreen. My latest project is installing the new quarter glass, I had the frames rechromed, the stainless polished, and new tinted glass fitted. All of the side glass mechanisms have been converted to power. The dash pad, and steering wheel have been covered with leather but I have not picked them up from the upholstery guy yet. He also has the door panels and rear panels finished but they will not be installed until I finish the window installation. I picked up the exhaust pipes and mufflers from the polisher, he still needs to finish the tail pipes, everything is stainless steel, I had it polished then he hit it with a sisile wheel to give it a brushed finish.
I had setback a couple of weeks ago, I sent my trunk molding and the two small trim pieces that fit on the end caps to be re anodized but UPS lost the parcel!! I have filled out all the paperwork for a lost parcel but so far I have not received the parcel or a refund for the cost of the parts. If anyone has a nice trunk trim let me know, I am interested in purchasing a nice replacement.
All in all the project is progressing as planned, everyday I check things off the list.
Jim

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Stunning build Jim!
Very much enjoying the updates.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

SASSY wrote:Stunning build Jim!
Very much enjoying the updates.
Fred
Ditto !!! :D
Johno

Kingspeedy2

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

Ditto X3 top notch Craftsmanship

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin.LOL! Looking terrific. Andy

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Kingspeedy2 wrote:Ditto X3 top notch Craftsmanship
Doggoneit somebody done went and out-dittoed me :x :lol: DITTO X 4 !!! now take that!!! :P
Johno

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Very nice looking car Jim. keep the pictures coming.
tom
tomb's 65

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

John, I see your DITTO and raise you one! :twisted:

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:John, I see your DITTO and raise you one! :twisted:

Jim
That does it ,I'm out :roll: this car is worth more dittos ,but I'm a poboy :roll:
Johno

afx1964

Post by afx1964 »

I might have a trunk trim piece for you. PM me with some info to send a picture to.