I thought it might be a good time for an update on my Comet since most of us are hibernating and hoping for this international crisis to pass. I am spending more time in the shop working on the car.
I have the drivetrain completely installed and plumbed. The linkage and choke cable are installed on the carbs, and I have most of the engine wiring installed except the distributor. ( I have a dummy distributor temporarily installed) The fuse panel is mounted in the glove box, I fabricated a steel liner to mount the panel replacing the factory cardboard piece. The wiring is somewhat of a challenge because I have installed raceways to run the wires instead of how the factory did it with connectors on the firewall, and I have most of the accessories and the ignition system running through relays mounted under the dashboard. I have tried to not have any wires visible in the engine area, they are there but not obvious. The wiring for the headlights runs through a tube inside the right front fender to the radiator core support, the tail light wiring, fuel sender, trunk release,brake/ turn signals runs through the left rocker area under the door to the trunk. To make the wiring installation easier I have not installed the Hurst shifter or any of the interior pieces, although all the pieces are finished and ready when the time comes. The radiator core support has not been installed yet mostly because it would just be in the way, once the rest of the wiring is completed I will install the support then terminate the wires for the headlights, parking lights, and horn. When the support is in place the radiator will be installed, I may leave the front fenders off until the engine is started, this will prevent damage to the fenders if something is not right upon initial start up.
I tried to attach some recent photos but the Postimage site is temporarily down for maintenance, instead here is a link to my build album- newest photos are on the second page.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/kabinenro ... 6464305953