BROWN TIRE GRUNGE

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
thos25

BROWN TIRE GRUNGE

Post by thos25 »

I recently used some name brand tire black on my tires before a show and now the tires are brown and the darn stuff doesn't want to come off.
Any ideas on how to remove it ?
Thanks, TOM

popscomet

Re: BROWN TIRE GRUNGE

Post by popscomet »

seems a chemical reaction happened huh ?? might just need to use a foam cleanser a few times to bring the rubber back to life!!sorta to speak,,,the rubber ain't dead it just needs to be woke up,,if any of this makes sense :? seems to me it has happened to me before.....on off road tires in a certain type of mud and also on our dirt track cars,certain dirt when wet would make tires turn brownish ,most times I sprayed purple power fullstrength and after it dried would spray again and rinse with high power water force,,they would always come back black when dry,,I would never use purple power around anything that had nice paint,,only on off road and race cars....good luck......pop
pop/glenda

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

This stuff works great! Basically spray it on and rinse off,little or no scrubbing required.Been using it since I was a kid....and that's a LONG time!

https://www.amazon.com/Westleys-8000022 ... B006WDSS4E

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

vicegrip wrote:This stuff works great! Basically spray it on and rinse off,little or no scrubbing required.Been using it since I was a kid....and that's a LONG time!

https://www.amazon.com/Westleys-8000022 ... B006WDSS4E
yes it does work great,,I too used it years ago,around here you could get it for just whitewalls or black walls,,I stopped using it for what ever reason for a long while ,,went to get more all I could find was the one bottle for both,,,but it did a fine job !!
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I've used the Westleys, too. Good stuff! :wink:

Jim