A/FX clone for sale

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
A/FX
Comet Central Member

A/FX clone for sale

Post by A/FX »

This is not mine. Listed on the HAMB board, I saw this car at the at the Meltdown Drags a couple of years ago, it is well done. I don’t think you could build it for the asking price.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/thr ... e.1155226/

Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

vicegrip

Re: A/FX clone for sale

Post by vicegrip »

Hey Jim,how close did you look at the car? It looks good in the pics but you never know.Is it done up right? How's the bottom look? Did it have the "older restoration" look or was it fresh looking? Was the guy a nut case like me with a couple rags in his pocket and a dust mop in the trunk? I know...lot of questions.Guy's about 7 hrs from me.Might have to go take a look.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Just by looking at the pics & reading the description I'd guess he had a rag or 2 in his back pocket.the shut off switch, he could not drill a hole in the car.that says a lot about the guy. & he knows too much about it all,ease of exhaust removal to be a ''buy it & keep it shiny guy''. I think he'd come near having tool box strapped down in his trunk than a dust mop & cleaning supplies. [JMO!!!]
Johno

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

vicegrip wrote:Hey Jim,how close did you look at the car? It looks good in the pics but you never know.Is it done up right? How's the bottom look? Did it have the "older restoration" look or was it fresh looking? Was the guy a nut case like me with a couple rags in his pocket and a dust mop in the trunk? I know...lot of questions.Guy's about 7 hrs from me.Might have to go take a look.
From what I remember the car was well done. The pictures that were posted show nothing that would indicate any less than top shelf workmanship. Of course being that it is a ‘64 Cyclone makes it special in my eyes.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

OL POP thinks it's keeper,,but 2,000 mi in 7yrs??..another thing that I really like is the color of the int,,,it ain't red!!
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

That is definately a nice looking car. It is not to far from me. I'm guessing he doesn't race it or at least not at the tracks I frequent as I haven't seen it anywhere. I would have remembered that car.

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

poboyjo65 wrote:Just by looking at the pics & reading the description I'd guess he had a rag or 2 in his back pocket.the shut off switch, he could not drill a hole in the car.that says a lot about the guy. & he knows too much about it all,ease of exhaust removal to be a ''buy it & keep it shiny guy''. I think he'd come near having tool box strapped down in his trunk than a dust mop & cleaning supplies. [JMO!!!]
I thought the exact same thing when I spotted the cut off. Last one I did was a push pull deal thru a hollowed out bumper bolt.
Tool box AND a dust mop! :)