Tire SIze help

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
popscomet

Re: Tire SIze help

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:
mercuryman wrote:Awesome awesome stories guys. That’s what make these cars so great. I have a 68 cougar xr7 that my brother found for me. He’s gone home to be with the Lord now. I feel him with me whenever I’m driving it. Hulu I’ve had 235-60s on the back and 215s on the front of my 65 cyclone. It’s a good look. 215s should work just fine though
On my 64,I have 225 70's on the rear,,,215 70's on the front all on 6in whls,been on it forever,,they work perfect so I've always just left them on there,same thing everytime I put on new tires...my deal is if it ain't broke....don't fix it !!…….pop
My whls are 14's,
pop/glenda

My63S22

Post by My63S22 »

I'm an old man that wants to sit in your car and touch it especially if you leave the keys in the ignition with a full tank of gas! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

My63S22 wrote:I'm an old man that wants to sit in your car and touch it especially if you leave the keys in the ignition with a full tank of gas! :)
:lol: well that can happen,I seldom ever take the key out,,but you need to at least buy your own gas,,,besides you won't be gone long,,after driving a dodge ram pu everyday,,you'll bring it back soon,,not that the comet is that fast and powerful,,,you won't be able to stand the WHOW factor it gives,,,the sound and shifting that 4spd will get to you,,,,besides I really don't think the seat will retract far enuff for you,,,,your pretty tall !!!,,,,,holler at me this week the 3rd sat is coming up,,that means GREYSTONE sonic,,,,GLENDA WILL be there in her 56,,,but my red comet may not,,,am thinking about takeing the other 64,,, depends if I get around to loading it on a trailer,,,it's not yet street legal...….later
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:it's not yet street legal.
Hmm :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

My63S22

Post by My63S22 »

Take off the mufflers and run straight pipes on your other 64 Comet. It will create such a fumble the authorities will think there's a tornado or earthquake in the making and refuse to pull you over! :mrgreen:

My63S22

Post by My63S22 »

Rumble not fumble!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that other 64 does not have anything on it,,,has only open headers..we got mufflers the other day,,if they can be called a muffler,,,more like a fat round 12-14in pipe,,,dynamax brand,,,we don't want very quite,,,just the sound right out from under your feet,,,,more to the rear,,,,,
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

running straight pipes reminds yrs ago ,,I ran straights on a v8 55 ford PU and a 67 390 column shifted 3spd Fairlane,,from engine to the rear.....was not near as loud as one might think....
pop/glenda