Front Seats for 1964 Comet

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
joswald

Front Seats for 1964 Comet

Post by joswald »

Hello everyone. Has anyone tried any other Ford seats in the front of their 64 to 65 Comet? I currently have a bench seat that looks like the Tasmanian Devil ripped up. I'm looking for options. I live in Eastern Pennsylvania and I don't know of anyone who restores automotive seats. I'm getting the car close to roadworthy and need some options as far as what to do or install. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blueracer

Re: Front Seats for 1964 Comet

Post by Blueracer »

Hi Joswald,

Are you looking for a bench replacement or wanting bucket seats? Either way I'm sure bucket seats from any falcon will fit. (64 or 65) Not sure if Falcon had a bench seat. A bench seat from the 64 Comet Caliente, 404 or 202 will work. 65 and 66 Mustang buckets will probably fit as well. Mustang bench seats are rare but they were available. You might also look at the same year Fairlane.
Hope this helps.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Not sure anything will be a direct bolt-in except one like you already have, if switching from bench to buckets you would at least have to drill some more holes for the inside tracks.

A lot of different seats will fit but will be a matter of making mounts, I am putting T-Bird buckets in mine but I am far from stock :roll: they fit ok but had to have new mounts made.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I checked old posts to see your car is a 4 dr.
Years ago I would've probably found some buckets outta something and tossed them in, but now, if I had a moredr I think Id throw a blanket over the issue till I found someone to repair it.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

joswald

Post by joswald »

These are all good input. Thanks for everyone's opinions.