CYCLONE to CALIENTE Rear Molding Conversion (was: Dimensions of CYCLONE & GT Inserts?)

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
poboyjo65

Re: CYCLONE to CALIENTE Rear Molding Conversion (was: Dimensions of CYCLONE & GT Inserts?)

Post by poboyjo65 »

Well you ought to know!,you & I are picky to about the same degree. :lol: :D the first one I liked but it seemed shorter than the cyclone font, & I didnt like seeing the end of the insert.so I went back ask if they could make it just a tad taller font & make the plaque longer to go under the flag to the other end with the complete red border line. but to get it taller it got bolder/fatter. I measured the space between the left end & the flag & had them center the font in that space. Now I think I like the first font better. although it is shorter it is about the same thickness of the letters of the cyclone emblem. & it just looks more like something that would be or would have been if ever they made them. So I may have them make a couple with the smaller font on the full size plaque. maybe if they left the red line fat like the bold one the skinnier font wont look so short. I wish they could make the font a tad taller & more spread out but they couldnt do it without making it bolder like my current one.

I think most came with a red flag on the tailpanel. mine may be a quarter panel flag. the lower piece of the flag pole is broke off. I have seen the one you have with the reversed colors but I dont know the why. It has been discussed on here before about different color quarter flags, some thought red cars may have come with black flags & such. so that might could be a factor.
Last edited by poboyjo65 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Re: CYCLONE to CALIENTE Rear Molding Conversion (was: Dimensions of CYCLONE & GT Inserts?)

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Mine has black letters, red outline and red checkers.

Jim

kevinshi

Post by kevinshi »

Yea it definitely sounds like a clue of perfectionist have found one another... :-)

It no wonder it is taking me so long to get mine back on the road... thankfully it is a ton of fun.

When you get the new one let me know how it turns out...
Thanks,
kevin
1965 Caliente Convertible
5H25A525287 (76DM6204L5416)

R c moore

Post by R c moore »

Have a 64 caliente convertible,doing a clone cyclone restomod project,total control front,willwoods,g bar tub rear,347... will start documenting...love the caliente emblem.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

R c moore wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:30 am
Have a 64 caliente convertible,doing a clone cyclone restomod project,total control front,willwoods,g bar tub rear,347... will start documenting...love the caliente emblem.
if you are talking to me Thanks! :D
Johno