Firewall question

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
DesertRat

Firewall question

Post by DesertRat »

I am replacing my floorpan with a one piece Dynacorn piece. During the prep for the new floorpan I have some metal work to do on the lower firewall from the seam location upward to the lower dash. Is this metal replacement something I have to fabricate from scratch or is there a vendor who repops something close that would make it a little easier. Thanks DR
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image

poboyjo65

Re: Firewall question

Post by poboyjo65 »

I cant say about the full floor piece but I bought the floors & toeboards from autokrafters & the toeboards were not tall enough for my needs so I had to add a piece from a parts car. this may give you an idea of how tall the toeboards are,(the center piece);

they were 90 bucks, if I did it again I'd make them from scratch, they weren't that great,needed lots of finesse. the fluted beads could be beat in pretty easy in a wood mold,especially in the time I waited while one of them was on back order ,the rest of it I had to rework anyway. but I liked the floors.
Johno

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Thanks for the response, I thought I would fabricate them. The front and rear torque boxes are good so I will fabricate what I need for the firewall.
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I bought mine over 20 years ago and they looked the same as the ones John used, they were long enough for me and I ended up using just a ssmall piece on the passenger side (my floor was good on the passenger side as well)

If I was to do it again I might make mine myself as well.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058