Hardtop Trunk Dimensions

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Joe Travers

Hardtop Trunk Dimensions

Post by Joe Travers »

Can someone give me the trunk dimensions for the 64-65 hardtops?
I have a '63 1/2 hardtop and can't find a reliable source for trunk weatherstripping online. I've already played shipping tag twice this year and lost money. I believe the roofline and windows on the '64-'65 hardtops are the same as '63 1/2 but there isn't a hardtop here locally for me to compare.
I need new weatherstripping for the vent windows as well and I think they are also carried over but I'm not certain. Any help here is duly appreciated.
Thanks!

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Re: Hardtop Trunk Dimensions

Post by poboyjo65 »

I could measure mine. I heard some of the early cars the seal goes on the trunk lid where as the 64 & 65 goes on the body. which does yours go on? & if it is like mine on the bottom where do you want me to measure? just put the tape to the outside of the seal? I have a short cloth tape that I could do the back part that drops down.

& yes all the glass & roof is same as 65.
Johno

Joe Travers

Re: Hardtop Trunk Dimensions

Post by Joe Travers »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:43 pm
I could measure mine. I heard some of the early cars the seal goes on the trunk lid where as the 64 & 65 goes on the body. which does yours go on? & if it is like mine on the bottom where do you want me to measure? just put the tape to the outside of the seal? I have a short cloth tape that I could do the back part that drops down.

& yes all the glass & roof is same as 65.
Thanks Poboy, but I think I'm going to punt on this and get on the phone with these guys and try to hash it out.
Yes, the sedans had seals on the lid but the vendors specify the hardtop is different online. The handful of videos I've been able to find also show lid seal for the hardtop, so I don't know what's up with that. I found the shop manual online, so I need to buy that first.

Thanks for the window tip! Maybe I have some ammo finding vent seals and window felts. :)
Hope you can get the chunk straightened out.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi