Why are these pieces missing?

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
popscomet

Re: Why are these pieces missing?

Post by popscomet »

my 64 came with a under dash AC unit with the mercury head,,,I took it out,but still have it all,,,looked factory istalled,,also pwr drum brks,pwr steering,2spd wipers with washer and foot pump....frt and rear seat belts..dome light in the headliner,2 under the dash and 1 in the trunk,and each door,,,green dot c4 AT,,,4 bbl 289,,,,what else could came on a 64,,cig lighter also beside a 4spd.....?? pop
pop/glenda

smithhe

Post by smithhe »

does anyone have a full list of the options on a 64? I would love to see what kind of things my car came with that were options.
1964 Mercury Comet 404 with 347 stroker

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:26 pm
my 64 came with a under dash AC unit with the mercury head,,,I took it out,but still have it all,,,looked factory istalled,,also pwr drum brks,pwr steering,2spd wipers with washer and foot pump....frt and rear seat belts..dome light in the headliner,2 under the dash and 1 in the trunk,and each door,,,green dot c4 AT,,,4 bbl 289,,,,what else could came on a 64,,cig lighter also beside a 4spd.....?? pop
Fancy :P I don't think the cigarette lighter was an option because my car has one :P I guess smoking was an essential thing in those days, at least they didn't give the kids in back a cigarette lighter only ashtrays, I guess mom had to light them for them because it wouldn't be safe for a kid to have a lighter :lol:
smithhe wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:48 pm
does anyone have a full list of the options on a 64? I would love to see what kind of things my car came with that were options.
It would depend on what trim level you have 202s were stripped to the bone, like I said mine has nothing extra it was a 170 six, three-speed column shift (non-synchro 1st which was always fun), 3.50? rear diff, 14" wheels with dog dish caps, front and rear bench seats which were cloth and vinyl, no backup lights, no seatbelts, rubber floor mat (no carpet), dome light on the ceiling/roof only, no radio, single-speed electric wipers-no washer, heater/defroster, manual drum brakes, the aforementioned ashtrays on the rear armrests.

Someplace around here I have some original brochures for '64 I will see if I can find them sometime.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

forgot,my comet has BU lights,,,I just mentioned the cig lighter,,,,,,,could you get am-fm radio in a 64 comet??....all the stuff on mine appears to make my old comet well equiped for ir's day.....it is a 2drht CAL.....pop
pop/glenda

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

My 65 Cyclone had almost no options other than the Cyclone package. No back up lights, no day/night rear view mirror, no outside door mirrors, single speed wipers, no dome light. Just a 289 4 speed and a heater.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

popscomet wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:38 am
forgot,my comet has BU lights,,,I just mentioned the cig lighter,,,,,,,could you get am-fm radio in a 64 comet??....all the stuff on mine appears to make my old comet well equiped for ir's day.....it is a 2drht CAL.....pop
My ‘64 Cyclone had an am/fm radio which is now on the shelf because the music now comes from under the hood. The am/fm radios used a different dash plate so they are not interchangeable with the am version unless the matching dash plate is used.
I also owned a ‘64 Parklane Marauder that had an am/fm from the factory.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

on the subject of the cig lighter,,I read in 1956 seat belts were 1st offered,,,,,,,but almost everyone perfered having a cig lighter instead,,,so a 56 ford with seat belts from the factory is a very rare item,,,,,but a cig lighter was in almost all of them.....pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Here's an option chart for 65
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Johno

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 pm
Thanks for posting that. Confirms mine has no options beyond Cyclone package. I have no power steering and no power brakes also. I guess they just checked one box.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry