PRICES

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
diemert66@gmail.com

PRICES

Post by diemert66@gmail.com »

Has anyone else noticed the astronomical rise in prices for used and new parts on e-bay?? I don't want to sound like a cheapskate but if I were building my CYCLONE now I would be hard pressed to meet the prices some parts are going for both on e-bay and in the aftermarket catalogs where shipping is through the roof. Anyway, there is not much one can do about it but squawk. Any thoughts?

kind regards to All, TOM

Joe Travers

Re: PRICES

Post by Joe Travers »

You can still find deals if you're patient. Tag E-Bay for notification alerts when parts become available. Just caught a build today where a guy copped a tunnel-ram intake and dual quad Holley set-up for $400.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Yes some parts are listed really high, but they tipically don't sell. It a marketing thing to make a less overpriced, but still overpriced part seem like a deal. A guy I know does this with his mopar parts he sells. Has is cousin list similar parts at outrageous prices, then list his high, but below his cousins. Once in a while someone buys the super high priced parts too. Crazy how fast one guy can manipulate the market.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Once upon a time, eBay was a decent place to find some good stuff, I bought many parts back then for my Comet way before I needed them, I am glad I did, of course that meant I bought some things twice because I forgot buying them before :roll:

Not sure when the last time I bought something off of there that wasn't a commercial business, I liked it better when it was mostly regular people selling stuff out of their garages and basements but sometimes you got a dud but usually the price was low enough.

I found my parts car on eBay, it was close enough( a few hours away) he was parting it out and I think I got what was leftover :roll: when I first went and looked the car was almost complete but many pats were already sold off of it, we did the deal outside of eBay which is probably a no-no, but then again I did not buy anything he had listed on there, that was the hardest $300 I spent but really it has more than paid for itself (I picked up a stuck '72 200 in the deal and the head is what is on my car now, the short block is sitting on a stand for who knows what reason & yes I got it unstuck)

So like Joe says you can still find deals but for me, it took me out of eBay to make the deal :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058