Add a Windshield Washer Set Up

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
joswald

Add a Windshield Washer Set Up

Post by joswald »

Hello everyone. I was thinking of adding a windshield washer set up to my 1964 Comet. I don't need originality I need functionality. Any and all ideas will be appreciated.

SASSY

Re: Add a Windshield Washer Set Up

Post by SASSY »

I think it would be fairly easy to find an in tank pump some line and a couple nozzles.
Don't the fox bodies have something that hides in the fenderwell and all you see is the filler cap?,, maybe different car.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

I bought one of those kits you see on ebay. Comes with the water tank, pump on tank, hoses and installed it. I also got a windshield wiper switch from a early 70's ford pickup where you can push the switch to operate the washer. Try searching for comet sprayers that bolt on to the cowl under the hood that spray the water onto the windshield. If you need any pictures let me know.
tom
tomb's 65

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

SASSY wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:36 pm
I think it would be fairly easy to find an in tank pump some line and a couple nozzles.
Don't the fox bodies have something that hides in the fenderwell and all you see is the filler cap?,, maybe different car.
Fred
I was looking last summer at a Ford Focus in the junkyard. It had a bottle mounted in the front wheel well and only the filler came through into engine bay was going to take some metric tools with me next time so I could pull the fender off and see if could use it on my car but not sure when that will be now I can buy a new one for about $20 off the inter webs so I might do that to save the trouble but I don’t have a windshield even so a washer would be kinda just a face refreher :lol:
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

bmmaurer

Post by bmmaurer »

joswald wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:46 pm
Hello everyone. I was thinking of adding a windshield washer set up to my 1964 Comet. I don't need originality I need functionality. Any and all ideas will be appreciated.
I have an original foot pump / switch assembly if interested. Out of a '63 but I believe it's the same. Nozzles too, no reservoir though.

Comet Bruce

bmmaurer

Post by bmmaurer »

bmmaurer wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 am
joswald wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:46 pm
I have an original foot pump / switch assembly if interested. Out of a '63 but I believe it's the same. Nozzles too, no reservoir though.

Comet Bruce
Shows different part numbers for 64 pump and nozzles FYI

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Modern or not, I like the foot pump on my 65. it will swipe the wind shield once when you barely tap it & sometimes that is better than delay when it is just misting or occasional spray from other cars,,,,when the slowest setting of delay is too fast & you get that dry vibration of the wipers.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Talking about wipers,,last thursday on way to PF,,was in TENN almost at the 126 exit off I40...70 mph pouring down rain,wipers on high and the drivers side wiper blade came off and flew over top of truck...got on shoulder quick and got off ....bought new blade at truck stop....monday took truck back to dealership...thought they might replace blade,was wrong,,,,they just said sorry glad you made it....stuff like that will make your ticker skip a beat and cause power puckering :shock: :shock: :shock: pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Is this the same dealership you hang out at 2 or 3 days a week? If so, you should tell them they need to replace it for free, or you'll hang out there EVERY day. They'll probably replace both of them before you can snap your fingers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:56 pm
Is this the same dealership you hang out at 2 or 3 days a week? If so, you should tell them they need to replace it for free, or you'll hang out there EVERY day. They'll probably replace both of them before you can snap your fingers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim
is that STATEMENT TACKY,,OR is it not???....it's up for a vote ! :lol: :? :wink: pop
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

popscomet wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 pm
...monday took truck back to dealership...thought they might replace blade,was wrong,,,,they just said sorry glad you made it....stuff like that will make your ticker skip a beat and cause power puckering :shock: :shock: :shock:
I take it the promo deal is off now.....
Or is this payback for lots of free coffee? :mrgreen:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:lol: :lol: more then likely it's pay back,,,,ain't nothing free in this world :!: :roll:
pop/glenda