need help with 64 single speed wiper switch

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
boss2man

need help with 64 single speed wiper switch

Post by boss2man »

Hi, new to the forum here. I am in the middle of restoring a 64 K code Caliente hardtop and having a difficult time identifying the correct wiper switch for my car. I purchased the car as a shell and boxes of parts project about a year ago. Most everything was there but the wiper switch. Factory harness is in good shape. What I have is a single speed no washer motor. Every switch that I have looked at from various vendors has 5, 6 or 7 terminals on them.....none coming close to being arrayed to match my harness connector. My connector only has 4 terminals on it. Pic included. So far, none of the vendors have been any help at all. What switch is correct for my application? Look forward to informative answers!

Robert
IMG_1972.jpg
IMG_1972.jpg (89.52 KiB) Viewed 759 times

lavron
Site Admin

Re: need help with 64 single speed wiper switch

Post by lavron »

headlight switches are pretty universal would check the Mustang vendors and see what they have if you have not yet

Good luck
See Ya Mike
If you can absolutely not find one I might be able to help out
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome aboard, Robert! :D You may have already barked up this tree, but I found this at Falcon Parts. Says it would fit a 64 Comet, but they don't show a pic of the terminals. They DO say no returns. Might be worth emailing them a pic of your connector and see what they say. Good luck.
https://www.falconparts.com/ford-falcon ... -p7312.htm

Jim

the goon

Post by the goon »

I'm very interested also, as I am looking for the single speed wiper switch. My motor, arms, and wiring are all good, but the wipers cycle themselves once every 30 seconds or so with the switch off. I pulled the fuse to stop that.

Mark