Kick panel screw locations?

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
kevinshi

Kick panel screw locations?

Post by kevinshi »

Would someone kindly post a picture for me of their '65 kick panel so that I can see where the screws are located? (I think "kick panel" is the correct term for the upholstery piece that screws into the side wall at the driver's left ankle and passenger's right ankle?)

I seem to have tossed my originals (replacing with ABS w/speaker pods)... and I put dynamat over the interior side wall... so I am struggling to find where the screws go.

I have located the two screws closest to the door - just need to see where the ones nearer to the firewall are located (I think there are two additional - a total of four per kick panel?).

Thanks!
Thanks,
kevin
1965 Caliente Convertible
5H25A525287 (76DM6204L5416)

Jims65cyclone

Re: Kick panel screw locations?

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Mine don't have any screws in them right now, but the arrows show where the 4 screws go on the passenger side. Driver's side the same.

Jim

kevinshi

Post by kevinshi »

Ahem. I guess I needed to clarify that mine is a convertible? I am rather amazed to see this part is seems to be different for hard top?

For H/T, per your picture, the panel seems to extend to the bottom of the floorpan... whereas the convertible does not (below is one of the better pictures [still not that great] I can find of the part on a convertible).

So to that end would someone with a 65 convertible kindly post a picture of their kick panel for me?
Thanks,
kevin

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I guess its due to the wider rockers on the verts. I forgot you don't have a metal top to keep yours from folding in the middle. :lol:

Jim

kevinshi

Post by kevinshi »

Indeed, that's what it seems to be. Yea, my car has some really hearty rockers... and yet the dang car is all twisted anyway. ;-)
Thanks,
kevin