65 Split Bench Seat Tracks

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
kevinshi

65 Split Bench Seat Tracks

Post by kevinshi »

The driver side of my split bench seat track has lost the lever that keeps the track from sliding (see red circle below).

Trying to sort a solution, advice would be appreciated.
  1. That lever was factory press pinned in place... I presently think that may be beyond my light fabrication skills. Disassembly of the tack looks like I might just end up destroying the entire thing... and if I can't disassemble it then I have zero hope of replicating that press pin.
  2. There are reproduction tracks available for the 65 Mustang bucket seats (see here) however those tracks are shorter (13.25") and do not fit onto the holes in my bench seat frame.
  3. As far as I can tell there are no reproduction tracks made for the bench seat... any chance one of you has converted a bench car to bucket seats and you have a set of bench tracks you'd be willing to sell me (technically all I need is the driver side)?
Any other advice suggestions? Somewhere in my notes I have names/numbers of a few folks with a bunch junkyard falcons... perhaps I can find one off a parts car - if anyone has a pointer handy to someone I might call let me know.

restroom smileys
Thanks,
kevin
1965 Caliente Convertible
5H25A525287 (76DM6204L5416)

poboyjo65

Re: 65 Split Bench Seat Tracks

Post by poboyjo65 »

I may have one .I took one apart to get the little teflon slider pieces from it. so may have some shrapnel left from it . let me look around tomorrow.
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Hey found it! had to carry out the trash so while I was out I looked & found the one I blew apart, it was a right side track,then I found the left side,(driver)
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

ImageImage
Johno