The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
poboyjo65

Re: 65 comet suspension drop

Post by poboyjo65 »

Johno

Comatt

Post by Comatt »

Does anyone know if this is the correct template for the Shelby drop on the comet?

https://streetortrack.com/shelby-drop-c ... 66-mustang

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea that's it. 1'' down ,1/8th'' back. but when I bought one it came with the correct drill bit,which is an oddball size,just a touch over 1/2'' ,maybe a 64th can't remember for sure. but if you shop around you can find the one with the hard to find drill bit with it for about the same price.

here's one that has the bit,it was a 32th over half,I was close! & this guy is a buddy of opentracker I think. they both have cool upgrades & great info in their tech sections or innovation sections.
https://www.dazecars.com/dazed/Test6UCAkit.html
Johno

Comatt

Post by Comatt »

Gonna work on the Shelby drop this week. Just a thought when you move the upper control arm over an 1/8 of an inch does that not affect how the spring sits in the perch? cuz the upper part of the spring would stay in the same position? Thanks for the info

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

No problem. I think the eighth is to maintain/improve the geometry.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Comatt wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:11 pm
Gonna work on the Shelby drop this week. Just a thought when you move the upper control arm over an 1/8 of an inch does that not affect how the spring sits in the perch? cuz the upper part of the spring would stay in the same position? Thanks for the info
It really isn't going back, just back in relation to the factory holes,which are at an angle, it's more like straight down. if you went straight down from the holes you would get more negitive caster,which you dont need. these cars are hard enough to get enough positive caster as it is so you dont want to loose any in the process.

Johno

Comatt

Post by Comatt »

Gotcha, one other thing. The alignment specs provided on open tracker do they account for the Shelby drop? Just curious.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yes .
Johno