Rampant Lion Valve Covers

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
darryl27529

Rampant Lion Valve Covers

Post by darryl27529 »

Anyone recognize these valve covers? I believe they fit a Ford SB and they have a standing lion embossed on these. Cast Aluminum and I believe they are the tall ones.
Rampant Lion Valve Covers.jpg
Rampant Lion Valve Covers.jpg (43.02 KiB) Viewed 557 times
ImageImage

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: Rampant Lion Valve Covers

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

That looks just like the Peugeot logo. Wonder is someone made them for a ford engine swap into one? By the way those are not small block ford valve covers. Looks like maybe a Cleveland valve cover with 8 hold down bolts?

1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

power band

Post by power band »

Peugeot 351C swap? -uhhh maybe ? ... that would be a trick as most Peugeot's would hardly be suitable but someone with imagination could make it happen ...

I had a 63 Peugeot 404 which was stylistically and performance wise literally the "57 Chevy of France"... . The Hemi 4 cylinder - Odd pattern 4 on the column -Mcphereson front suspension and Hypoid rear axle were innovative and a leap of engineering from previous Peugeot's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_404

Not quite as 'uniquely French' as Citroen's air suspension , mono post steering wheel or push-button/pedal brake, I did appreciate the town or country horn settings, aluminum bumpers and bright trim. I enjoyed being able to squeak the tires until I had to replace tranny output shaft with the service manual totally in French.

( TV series Columbo's weird car was a Peugeot 403 convertible)

have fun

... Inherited the 404 from my French heritage uncle a USAF lifer, took it to the Woodstock festival in'69. Last year I found picture of the 404 where parked there from photo-artist exhibit in Woodstock NY.

darryl27529

Post by darryl27529 »

Thanks for the input. Just sold them eBay shortly after posting. They were neat looking but I didn’t need them. The buyer must have recognized them.
ImageImage