Custom ‘64 convertible

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
A/FX
Comet Central Member

Custom ‘64 convertible

Post by A/FX »

Not my style but the workmanship is fantastic. Note that it looks to be chopped, shaved, and have a highly modified front and rear facia.
The fabricator has quite a few other videos showing his work, actually I consider it an art.
Jim

https://youtu.be/a-ima6YoEpw

https://youtu.be/8Un2iVaFu7s
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Joe Travers

Re: Custom ‘64 convertible

Post by Joe Travers »

The current trend of dropping classic bodies onto modern chassis is pretty wild!
In a sense, it is art; breaking away from the cookie-cutter styling of modern vehicles, while keeping modern amenities.
The creature comforts are appealing but it takes away from the car's original character, for me.
Something about a loud, raunchy rattletrap I really love to keep experiencing 8)

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Joe Travers wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:21 pm
The current trend of dropping classic bodies onto modern chassis is pretty wild!
In a sense, it is art; breaking away from the cookie-cutter styling of modern vehicles, while keeping modern amenities.
The creature comforts are appealing but it takes away from the car's original character, for me.
Something about a loud, raunchy rattletrap I really love to keep experiencing 8)

Joe
I also prefer retaining the unibody and adding reinforcements like sub frame connectors. I just saw a video about the “Voodoo Falcon” that is owned by Jorgon Mueller who is the owner of Race Deck flooring. The build was based on keeping the Falcon stock looking but having a trick suspension and a new GT350 drivetrain. The Roadster Shop is about 45 minutes from here, I have not been there since it was purchased by the Gerber’s. I know they have all the latest equipment and some talented employees. I guess it all comes down to how thick is your wallet.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

A/FX wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:01 pm
I just saw a video about the “Voodoo Falcon” that is owned by Jorgon Mueller who is the owner of Race Deck flooring. The build was based on keeping the Falcon stock looking but having a trick suspension and a new GT350 drivetrain.
Caught this last year- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG83BHo ... htCutGears
I didn't know how popular this was until I talked to a young guy with a shop in Nebraska. Seems it's catching on w/ young builders.
Sounds like JM has a better powertrain plan than this one.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Dislike the mirrors and GLOVES, love the chassis!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about