Dash pad replacement

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
Roadie800

Dash pad replacement

Post by Roadie800 »

In researching dash pad replacements for 64-65 Comet / Falcon, there are a number of vendors like Ecklers, FalconParts, Dashes Direct, etc that sell these ranging from $186 to $279. They all claim that the pads duplicate the original OEM, (Ford tooling, grain, colors etc.) and are mfg in the USA. Does anyone know who manufactures these (Scott Drake, Dashes Direct?) and are these all the same product? From the advertised pictures they look like a quality product.

Anyone on this forum done one of these? Any installation issues? Thanks.

Lou's Comet

Re: Dash pad replacement

Post by Lou's Comet »

Roadie800 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:20 am
In researching dash pad replacements for 64-65 Comet / Falcon, there are a number of vendors like Ecklers, FalconParts, Dashes Direct, etc that sell these ranging from $186 to $279. They all claim that the pads duplicate the original OEM, (Ford tooling, grain, colors etc.) and are mfg in the USA. Does anyone know who manufactures these (Scott Drake, Dashes Direct?) and are these all the same product? From the advertised pictures they look like a quality product.

I just did mine, how It went is on my build thread. I got mine from Summit for the free shipping. A Dashes Direct, fits really good except it was a little short on the pass end, but not really noticeable. I am happy with it!

You can look on My build thread to see how I did it.

Lou

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Lou's Comet wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:42 pm
Roadie800 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:20 am

I just did mine, how It went is on my build thread. I got mine from Summit for the free shipping. A Dashes Direct, fits really good except it was a little short on the pass end, but not really noticeable. I am happy with it!

You can look on My build thread to see how I did it.

Lou
Yes I'd bet that ''Dashes Direct'' is the lone manufacturer. I have 2 pads one new in the box from Jegs & the one that came on my car, think it was put on around 2000-2004 , & both are Dashes Direct , stamped on bottom side.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Lou's Comet wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:42 pm
This is a link to the page in Lou's thread that he mentions. I bookmarked it because I plan to follow his lead. Starts about half way down the page.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3354&start=780

Jim