B & M Unimatic Shifter install

The Era of The Square Body Racing Comets
IrishTap

B & M Unimatic Shifter install

Post by IrishTap »

Hey guys

Was wondering if anyone has installed one of these on the floor before and if they had any advice or guidelines that might save me time and some headaches

Thanks in advance
Tap :twisted:

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: B & M Unimatic Shifter install

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I installed one 28 years ago in my Bronco II when I did a v8 swap. My only advise, from memory, is go ahead and mount the shift cable to the transmission and see where the cable wants to route before cutting the hole for the cable to come into the interior. Also, sit in the car with the shifter and see where you might place it and see if it feels like a comfortable spot before mounting it. Good luck.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:25 pm
I installed one 28 years ago in my Bronco II when I did a v8 swap. My only advise, from memory, is go ahead and mount the shift cable to the transmission and see where the cable wants to route before cutting the hole for the cable to come into the interior. Also, sit in the car with the shifter and see where you might place it and see if it feels like a comfortable spot before mounting it. Good luck.
put one in a 70's truck bout 15 years ago & I agree with everything you said boss. cable needs to be where it wants to be ,,,not necessarily where you want it to be.
Johno

IrishTap

Post by IrishTap »

Thank you gents.

That is what i will do, appreciate the advice
Tap :twisted:

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:50 pm

put one in a 70's truck bout 15 years ago & I agree with everything you said boss. cable needs to be where it wants to be ,,,not necessarily where you want it to be.
Well worded, you clarified my response. Thanks
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry